Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

girl toys will make him GAY!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this
That's the drivel my DH seriously just told me!

He took DS for a bath. I heard DS crying. I went to find out what the hell was going on. DS was crying because DH wouldn't let him play with DDs play tea set in the bathtub! I asked why the hell he CAN'T play with it and he said because he doesn't like him playing with her toys, that they're too feminine! Then he said ds plays with her dolls and tea sets and it's going to make him gay!

I am pissed! We are going to have words as soon as the kids go to sleep, and I can't guarantee I won't cuss. I'm so fucking mad!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:00 AM
4 moms liked this

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:03 AM
3 moms liked this

You can't make someone gay. Men grow up to drink things out of cups and take care of their babies, so how are tea sets and dolls girls toys? Thats the same kind of attitude that my husbands family had when he was growing up, that if he did anything that was considered "feminine" to them, he should be punished and called a girl. It didn't make him not like those things, it just made him hate himself for liking those things. So you need to end that talk right now and set him straight, your son should be allowed to play with any toy he wants.

supermomz25
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:06 AM

that is such a bunch of nonsense. who cares what tiys they play with? if it makes your son happy to play with the tea set, then he should be able to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! I'd no idea I'd married a fucking moron.toys don't make a kid gay!

If he ever listened when ds plays with "girl toys" he'd hear all boy conversations.

Quoting mommysangelface:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:10 AM
2 moms liked this

tell him this

hunni its not the toys that make him gay, its attitudes like yours

lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you! I'd no idea I'd married a fucking moron.toys don't make a kid gay!

If he ever listened when ddi plays with "girl toys" he'd hear all boy conversations.

Quoting mommysangelface:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:10 AM
6 moms liked this

I am so glad my husband is progressive. He will happily attend one of our son's famous tea parties.

laurag8707
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:11 AM

my family is the same way my son wanted some barbie car from a yardsale when he was like 4 it was purple and said barbie...well my family threw a hissyfit over him playing with it my grandma even tried to hide it... yeah i snapped and said he will play with whatever the hell he wants i dont care if its a barbie car to a freaking baby doll yeah i dont hear any more complaints

Retrokitty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:13 AM
DFs brother has a 2 year old son and is the same way drives me nuts. His mom always says "I have a picture of you dressing up in my knee socks and heels and you are not gay"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I agree, Dolls teaches them to be good dads- Is what , "I BELIEVE".

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM

lol men... i would have been like too bad he does it all the time  then I guess your going to have a gay son. an went on about my bussiness some people are soo silly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured