Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

girl toys will make him GAY!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
That's the drivel my DH seriously just told me!

He took DS for a bath. I heard DS crying. I went to find out what the hell was going on. DS was crying because DH wouldn't let him play with DDs play tea set in the bathtub! I asked why the hell he CAN'T play with it and he said because he doesn't like him playing with her toys, that they're too feminine! Then he said ds plays with her dolls and tea sets and it's going to make him gay!

I am pissed! We are going to have words as soon as the kids go to sleep, and I can't guarantee I won't cuss. I'm so fucking mad!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
kaycersmom
by Katie on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

It's true there's a chemical in the coloring of pink and anything with glitter that literally will make your kid gay!!!

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Yeah cause it is so horrible for a man to nurture his child or make tea. My 15 yr old should have been gay years ago if that was the case. He's straight lol. He has told me so. Oh and my male friends that are gay didn't make him gay either (despite how much my Mother would have liked to believed they would). You love who you love.

ksueditz
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM
My youngest son had a doll and he's not gay. Both of my boys had doll strollers, they used to race them! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LaceNBklyn
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:19 AM
2 moms liked this
He will be gay if he is attracted to men. Nothing else can "make" him gay. Just like a gay boy cant become straight from playing with "boy" toys
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

When he says stuff like that you should just say, "GOOD." Like deadpan it.

Hahahaha! Why is being gay bad anyway?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
See! DS races his stroller around, "wrecking" things and saving the princess. When he plays with the dolls they are princesses and Buzz and Woody are saving her. When he played tea set he's having a drink with the boys, or the president, or once God.

That all sounds pretty "manly" to me.

Such bullshit he's spouting, I'm completely flabbergasted.

Quoting ksueditz:

My youngest son had a doll and he's not gay. Both of my boys had doll strollers, they used to race them! Lol

HipLikeJunk
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I would have been an exploding ball of fury. Nothing pisses me off faster than heteronormative gender roles being forced onto innocent children. 

My 2yo son frequently wears princess dresses and highheels for dressup, today i took him to the dollar tree to buy some cheap toys with some money the kids had left over for xmas and he bought princess bubbles and fairy wings. It won't make him gay. But if it turns out he is gay in the future, I would have zero problem with it. 

I'm glad you aren't tolerating it OP. I hope your SO comes around and realizes how damaging that kind of behavior is to little boys.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM

LMAOOOOOOO...

lalaboosh
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I love that he drinks with God. That is too cute!

Quoting Anonymous:

See! DS races his stroller around, "wrecking" things and saving the princess. When he plays with the dolls they are princesses and Buzz and Woody are saving her. When he played tea set he's having a drink with the boys, or the president, or once God.

That all sounds pretty "manly" to me.

Such bullshit he's spouting, I'm completely flabbergasted.

Quoting ksueditz:

Youngmother456
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Not what I thought this post would be about... But yea it cant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN