Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

girl toys will make him GAY!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
That's the drivel my DH seriously just told me!

He took DS for a bath. I heard DS crying. I went to find out what the hell was going on. DS was crying because DH wouldn't let him play with DDs play tea set in the bathtub! I asked why the hell he CAN'T play with it and he said because he doesn't like him playing with her toys, that they're too feminine! Then he said ds plays with her dolls and tea sets and it's going to make him gay!

I am pissed! We are going to have words as soon as the kids go to sleep, and I can't guarantee I won't cuss. I'm so fucking mad!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Replies (31-40):
NiCo86
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

wow. my son (we don't have any daughters) has his OWN baby doll with changes of clothes and bottle and everything. He plays "daddy" all the time, taking care of his little baby. He also has a kitchen set that he LOVES to cook with, and even play "house" and cook us all a meal, or make us a picnic.

There is no way that playing with household type toys is EVER going to turn a kid gay. Seriously? Your DH needs to get over it!!

teal_phoenix
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting P.N._Guin:

My son loves barbies! They fit perfectly on top of his monster jams, he says.

That is so cute/sweet.

KJ

SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Quoting P.N._Guin:

sidesplittinglaughterMy son did the same thing also ...

SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Quoting NiCo86:

wow. my son (we don't have any daughters) has his OWN baby doll with changes of clothes and bottle and everything. He plays "daddy" all the time, taking care of his little baby. He also has a kitchen set that he LOVES to cook with, and even play "house" and cook us all a meal, or make us a picnic.

There is no way that playing with household type toys is EVER going to turn a kid gay. Seriously? Your DH needs to get over it!!

I agreed on first page, It makes them great Dads.

NiCo86
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:23 AM

That it does!

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting NiCo86:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:27 AM

WTH ??? I did not mean "GAY" ???

I meant a great DAD?

confused

Quoting NiCo86:

That it does!

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting NiCo86:

NiCo86
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:32 AM

LOL totally knew what you mean LOL

Quoting SissyAnn141:

WTH ??? I did not mean "GAY" ???

I meant a great DAD?

confused

Quoting NiCo86:

That it does!

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting NiCo86:

P.N._Guin
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Haha! Nice!
My inlaws think its a bit odd- we don't have any girls. But they also have 6 boys, who all have boys.... It's probably a bit surprising to se Barbie dolls around!

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting P.N._Guin:

sidesplittinglaughterMy son did the same thing also ...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LADYxGHOST
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Funny I know a few guys that grew up playing with guns and trucks (no dolls).  In fact I know one guy that is totally gay and is a gun enthusiest. 

deepthinker
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:36 AM

My son plays with my daughters dolls and dishes sometimes, I just think it will help him to be a better father and more helpful to his future wife or SO. Him playing with dolls and dishes doesn't make me think he's going to "catch the gay", LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN