Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

girl toys will make him GAY!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
That's the drivel my DH seriously just told me!

He took DS for a bath. I heard DS crying. I went to find out what the hell was going on. DS was crying because DH wouldn't let him play with DDs play tea set in the bathtub! I asked why the hell he CAN'T play with it and he said because he doesn't like him playing with her toys, that they're too feminine! Then he said ds plays with her dolls and tea sets and it's going to make him gay!

I am pissed! We are going to have words as soon as the kids go to sleep, and I can't guarantee I won't cuss. I'm so fucking mad!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Replies (41-50):
rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:36 AM

OH didn't you know. Colors like pink and purple have gay dust infused in them so that if boys play with them it comes off and makes them like boys. 

*headdesk*

My son is already swooning over like 5 different girls never shown a single interest in a boy and he's played with girls toys! Hell I bought him a whole kitchen play set that was girly colors when he was small. He had a doll and a whole doll set (the swing/crib/stroller) for a little bit. Adored it. 

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:38 AM

that is the lamest thing I have ever heard. should I take my sons kitchen, dolls and play house away? my oldest liked to play in my makeup and he is straight. geez

xtina8817
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting rosemagic01:

OH didn't you know. Colors like pink and purple have gay dust infused in them so that if boys play with them it comes off and makes them like boys. 

*headdesk*

My son is already swooning over like 5 different girls never shown a single interest in a boy and he's played with girls toys! Hell I bought him a whole kitchen play set that was girly colors when he was small. He had a doll and a whole doll set (the swing/crib/stroller) for a little bit. Adored it. 

Ha. Fairy dust.
starri33
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:42 AM

It's not a matter of what toys a child plays with, sexual preference according to some of my friends who are gay is there at birth.. nothing you did, or they did brought it to existance. playing with golf clubs do not make hubby's golf pro's, if anything playing with whatever they want brings a wider range of imagination to play.  I kinda had the same problem with my ex, everytime our daughter would pick up her spoon in her left hand, he'd take it away and put it in her right hand, I asked him what the "H" he was doing, he said she's using the wrong hand, told him "HELLO" her mother happens to be left handed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:42 AM

well tell ur dh my 3 year old dd plays with cars planes trains and refused to play with dolls up untill Christmas she finally excepted a doll and a purse but still loves her dinosaurs so is she gonna be a lesbian?  and u should ask his mom if he has older sisters i guarantee he played with a doll once or twice in his life

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:46 AM
So I talked to him about it after the kids were asleep. He said as a kid if he touched girl toys his mom would yell at him and he would be in trouble. Then his mom asked if he was gay when he was 15. He said it was a knee-jerk reaction and although it still makes him uncomfortable he won't say anything and will let DS play with whatever he wants.

I told him to listen to ds playing with "girl" toys, he would be surprised by what he heard. He said he will.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I let my boys play with baby dolls...what's the BFD??
DaniVan
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM
My DH is the same way. No girl cartoons, or toys, for the boys but DD can be a tom boy hate those double standards
ericndaimonsmom
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
First of all- if your son turns out to be homosexual, it won't be because of the toys he played with as a child. It will be because that is how he was meant to be.
Secondly- I grew up playing with hotwheels and such and I am not a lesbian. I can not stand when people think it is okay to let their daughters be tomboys but look down on their sons for being feminine. There is nothing wrong with a boy being feminine or a girl being masculine.
If my husband did that to one of our boys, I would set him straight by making him play tea party with our boy and make him invite every doll in the darn house!!

My rant for the morning.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
merryvoice
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM

My male cousin played with my girl toys and wore my girl clothes and wore my girl makeup, and he is very straight and one of the manliest men I know. You can tell that to your husband!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)