Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM...S/O (sort of)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Misconceptions

• As a writer does not write 24 hours a day, and a baker does not bake non-stop, a stay-at-home mom does not need to be a homemaker without pause. Many women choose to be stay-at-home moms only temporarily, returning to work when the children are old enough to care for themselves, or taking part-time jobs while their children are at school. Others may take classes or pursue interests. Many housewives may work from home to supplement the family income, taking work as freelance writers or artists in their spare time, or by offering whatever services they can. The evolving nature of society largely means that there is no one definition of "stay-at-home mom," and the role is something for each family to decide for itself.

Read more: About Stay at Home Moms | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_4743748_stay-home-moms.html#ixzz2HSHnfV82

i think it makes sence !

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:01 AM
*Sense*
Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Well... I am a mother on call 24/7. But I definitely take breaks from the "homemaking" when I feel the need :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zoo003
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Agree.  There is no "one size fits all" for a sahm.  If you are a working mom, wahm, sahm, and it works for your family, in whatever definition that may be for the family and you (generalized you), then that is all that should matter. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:04 AM

my apologies...i am only human

Quoting Anonymous:

*Sense*

muzicbox9
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I've never been made to feel the way I thought I'd be made to feel by choosing to be a stay at home mom.  I thought that I'd be looked down upon as ignorant, or judged in some way for not pursuing a career.  I've never felt any judgement like that. All of my mommy friends who work actually express to me how at least a part of  them wishes that they could stay home too.

I've found that being a stay at home mom is actually more difficult than any job I've ever had before - and I used to teach English to High Schoolers (lol). I still pursue my interests in literature and writing a few hours a week - and if I ever want to go back to work, I'm not worried about not being employable.  Any potential employer who doesn't realize the work and intelligence that goes into being a SAHM probably isn't someone for which it's worth working anyway. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)