Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O on the 'boys in ladies toilet' post

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:30 AM
  • 43 Replies

A friend of mine informed me that her sister's 13yo still uses the female toilets with her when they go; that besides school he has never used a male toilet. He is a fully functioning, neurotypical, mature 13yo. I explained to her that if I saw a boy who looked over the age of 10 in the toilets I would ask him his age; and if he was over 10, or being innappropriate I would have no hesitating polietely requesting that he leave the bathroom. She asked me how I would know if the child wasn't lying or wasn't disabled and how I plan on "forcing" him to leave the bathroom. How would you go about this situation if you encounted a male teen in the female toilets? Oh and in this scenario yes - there are parenting/disabled toilets within the complex.

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GleekingOut
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:34 AM

BUMP!

BluePandaDreams
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:42 AM
I would have no problem telling the teen that he was to old to be in there and to get out. If they were disabled, the parent should be in there with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GleekingOut
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:48 AM

To be honest I haven't seen it much in Aus - but with DD21's Autism and anxiety - I think it'd do more harm to her than him. But seriously; I can't imagine any boy over 9 willingly going into the female bathrooms (unless disabled) alone. And even with a parent there I would probably still stand my ground with DD there. I'd be a bit more understanding of the situation - but hope that they would understand mine too.

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

I would have no problem telling the teen that he was to old to be in there and to get out. If they were disabled, the parent should be in there with them.

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:54 AM

I would do the same and I plan on forcing him to leave by calling security and reporting him.

BluePandaDreams
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:10 AM
I have seen boys argue with their mother's over this. Then when the mother won't back down, say they don't need to go. I have seen an older male in the restroom, once. He was severly handicapped. I simply looked away and went about my business, as did everybody else.
Quoting GleekingOut:

To be honest I haven't seen it much in Aus - but with DD21's Autism and anxiety - I think it'd do more harm to her than him. But seriously; I can't imagine any boy over 9 willingly going into the female bathrooms (unless disabled) alone. And even with a parent there I would probably still stand my ground with DD there. I'd be a bit more understanding of the situation - but hope that they would understand mine too.

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GleekingOut
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Yep that's what I said. But according to this woman "Everything is done in stalls anyway". >.> SMH

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

I would do the same and I plan on forcing him to leave by calling security and reporting him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:18 AM
Honestly it wouldn't bother me one bit if there was a teen male in the bathroom there's stalls in there its not like everyone's just pottying in the open and he can see.
GleekingOut
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:19 AM

For some reason in a shopping centre around my area they have a wheelchair sign on the male toilets but not the female. A severely handicapped woman entered the male toilets and started screaming when she saw a man at a urinal and an ambulance had to be called...to be honest I don't like seeing any boys in the female resrooms (simply because every mall bathroom has at least 3 family bathrooms and are always within easy reach) but I understand that kids (not teens, kids) need to be protected/helped.

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

I have seen boys argue with their mother's over this. Then when the mother won't back down, say they don't need to go. I have seen an older male in the restroom, once. He was severly handicapped. I simply looked away and went about my business, as did everybody else.
Quoting GleekingOut:

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

DieselsMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:20 AM

I wouldn't really care, unless he was peeking under the stalls or something..it's not like he would see anything from me other than hand washing...and leaving the stall!!

GleekingOut
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Not bashing; but I invite you to have an autistic, anxiety bound child who would freak out at the sight of a teen male in the bathroom - or any other woman who's been sexually assualted in their life. if you have either - you should understand how I feel about this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly it wouldn't bother me one bit if there was a teen male in the bathroom there's stalls in there its not like everyone's just pottying in the open and he can see.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN