Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

American Girl Dolls

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies

My DD is asking for one. But the price seems kind of hefty. Anyone know if there is a time of year that they go on sale...???

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:15 AM

bumping

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:24 AM

http://popular.ebay.com/dolls-bears/american-girl-dolls.htm

PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:25 AM

I think Target sells a knockoff, as well. My niece wanted one for Christmas.

NyiaBaby216
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:26 AM
DD has been asking for one for about a year. I cant see myself dropping that much on a doll. I plan on getting her a journey doll instead....she cant read so Im sure she won't know the difference. check em out......they're about 100 cheaper lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:29 AM

http://www.target.com/sb/dolls-toys/our-generation/-/N-5xt90Z5r27n#?lnk=|&intc=762110|null

Quoting PitbullPrincess:

lucsch
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm lucky. My daughter was happy with the knockoff brands. I "know" all about how great the AG hair is, but when you can buy a $20 Springfield at Joann's with a 40% off coupon, it is a deal hard to beat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Quoting PitbullPrincess:

I saw those and they are very good quality and have awesome reviews. The problem is that my DD wants it to look like her. She is "mixed" so there are no dolls that look like her, American Girl catalogs have been arriving since Thanksgiving. She saw the page where you can make your own and did find one that looks like her, well at least its the closest to her look.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:37 AM

I had seen a post a few months back about a mom who got one for $67 - I didnt pay much attention to it and didnt even reply. But from what I remember it was a new doll bought of the website. But the details as to if it was a sale or coupon are sketchy to me :(

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

DD has been asking for one for about a year. I cant see myself dropping that much on a doll. I plan on getting her a journey doll instead....she cant read so Im sure she won't know the difference. check em out......they're about 100 cheaper lol

tharealty2
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:40 AM

http://4kidslikeme.com/store/c/694-Biracial.html

NyiaBaby216
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:41 AM
THATS still alot for a doll. Journey dolls are about 30 dollars & are just like American girl dolls. I think Taryn is the cutest thing EVER. And they have clothes and accessories and all that jazz. Ive seriously been considering them

Quoting Anonymous:

I had seen a post a few months back about a mom who got one for $67 - I didnt pay much attention to it and didnt even reply. But from what I remember it was a new doll bought of the website. But the details as to if it was a sale or coupon are sketchy to me :(

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN