Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Growing pains

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:44 AM
  • 11 Replies
How do you handle growing pains ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:46 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd and ds get them on the top of there feet :( I use heating pads and Tylenol
kymom23
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:50 AM
My yds used to get them when he was about 5. He would get them in his legs around his knees. I would massage his legs and put a warm, wet towel on them. If they were really bad, I would give him children's ibuprofen along with doing the other things. He finally outgrew them. For now.
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:53 AM
I try not to medicate unless absolutely necessary but if the pain is uncontrollable I will give pain meds. I was just wondering how everyone else handles it.

My oldest was in a lot of pain. My 2nd child's was pretty well managed with out meds, my daughter is just now having issues and seems to be in a lot of pain too. I assume it affects all kids differently.

Quoting Anonymous:

My dd and ds get them on the top of there feet :( I use heating pads and Tylenol
Bauxite-17
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:55 AM

A warm bath. Nothing much you can really do. Ibuprofen would help too.

IncognitoOne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:57 AM

I rub sore body parts until they fall asleep. For my oldest, it's usually his calves. Youngest son it's the back of his legs.

brandyblx
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Also,every body's pain tolerance is different. Motrin is probably a good idea-it deals with the pain but,it's also an anti inflammatory.Gl,hope she starts to feel beter soon.

Quoting Mychele:

I try not to medicate unless absolutely necessary but if the pain is uncontrollable I will give pain meds. I was just wondering how everyone else handles it.

My oldest was in a lot of pain. My 2nd child's was pretty well managed with out meds, my daughter is just now having issues and seems to be in a lot of pain too. I assume it affects all kids differently.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lala06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Heat and massage helps so much my dd is
Going to be 7 that's all that helps her

Quoting Mychele:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaoftwo
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Heat and tylenol

Usually it wakes them and is so painful they are nearly inconsolable. Also they are middle of the night so a bath is out. We use hot water bottles between sheet and blanket, some tylenol or motrin and hope it works quickly
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Massage, hearing pads, I'll use pain reliever only if she has to go to school -so that she's not miserable.

I have Also been told that the more active they are the less growing pains they have
white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:34 AM

lots of warm water , icy hot  ACE bandage wraps and tylenol . mine was so bad my feet would curl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured