Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED YOUR HELP!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've decided that with my child's recent behavior that instating a chore chart is necessary. I'm tired of his miss behavior at school and home and he's going to start having a lot more structure in his life due to the fact that over the last month he's become some sort of evil monster child that I've never met before! I have no idea what his problem is but I'm tired of it. And yes emotionally I know whats going on with him this is purely behavioral. 

So what chores are acceptable for a very short (this matters because things like putting dishes away are impossible for him) 7 year old to do? I know basics like cleaning room and making bed. I want other stuff though that I might not thought of that would be easy for a child. 

I don't think that things like brushing teeth or getting up on time are chores. (i keep finding those on chore charts) HELP.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:47 AM
Replies (21-21):
MomJenny1
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Oops - Didn't realize yours is 7.  My 10 and 12 kids can vacuum, but you're right.  The vacuum is to heavy for my 7yo.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do/did your 7 year old have the ability to do vacuuming? Just curious. My vacuum is awful heavy he probably weighs as much as it does. I've never let him try though maybe I should see if its even possible for him to. 

Quoting MomJenny1:

sweeping and vacuuming.  It makes mine CRAZY, but they hate it so much they will do anything needed to avoid it.  They have to do it again if I find missed stuff on the floor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured