Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If the flu shot is so effective....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies

why are we hearing of reports of the flu ALL over the USA??  reports of full ER's, full hospitals, people sick left and right, despite getting the shot.....what a hoax

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:17 AM
I think it just lessons the effect. Also the flu shot is only for the flu. There are hundreds of other cokds
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this

because again, the flu shot doesnt work.  never got the flu shot, never will. but i did get the flu this year.... but so did my friend (a family of 5) all 5 of them got the flu, and all 5 of them got the shot.

i am a family of 4 and only MYSELF got the flu.  and NO one gets the flu shot

barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:17 AM

I have only had the shot once in my life. I have had the flu maybe 5 times in my life. *knocks on some wood that I didn't just jinx myself*

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:17 AM
2 moms liked this

They cannot vaxinnate for every strain.  Apparently the strain they vaccinated for is not the strain making people so sick.  While I am sure some have simply not had the flu shot, I am hearing of many who have and are still getting the flu due to the other strain.

happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:19 AM

IDK, but I'm never getting the flu shot again.  DH & I have been sick non stop since we got it.

nikabear
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:19 AM
My kids get the shot every year and they did not get the flu........besides a regular cold and a sinus infection they are good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tiffanydshives
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:19 AM
My daughter had the flu this year and my husband did. It was really bad. But idk if we will get the shot next year. We didn't this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

that conflicts with what i heard, and that this year's match is a good one....i've been hearing that all over too....great way for mainstream media to sway the herds, isn't it?

Quoting TheMrs407:

They cannot vaxinnate for every strain.  Apparently the strain they vaccinated for is not the strain making people so sick.  While I am sure some have simply not had the flu shot, I am hearing of many who have and are still getting the flu due to the other strain.

DeathGoddess
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:20 AM

we never get the flu shot...my daughter got the flu this year, she was sick in bed sick for 1-2 days...no one else in the house got it. This further proves to me that the flu shot is unecessary, I have had colds this year worse than her bout of the flu!

duejan13th
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Same here

Quoting nikabear:

My kids get the shot every year and they did not get the flu........besides a regular cold and a sinus infection they are good.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN