Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If the flu shot is so effective....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

why are we hearing of reports of the flu ALL over the USA??  reports of full ER's, full hospitals, people sick left and right, despite getting the shot.....what a hoax

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:30 AM

i havent the faintest idea....i don't know them

Quoting Anonymous:

So why don't they get him the one without eggs on it?

Quoting Anonymous:

A 4-year-old boy from New Jersey was asked not to return to his school without a flu shot. But his parents say the child is allergic to the raw egg in the vaccine.

Jeremy Pereira was home playing on an iPad instead of attending school on Monday. Jeremy is allergic to egg, which is present in the flu vaccine. His parents won't expose him but without the shot his school won't let him back until April.

The Pereiras say they had a letter from Jeremy's pediatrician explains his egg allergy. But the boy's doctors recommended giving him the vaccine and then judging his reaction. However, his parents wouldn't do this.

New Jersey is one of the only states in the nation to require flu shots for young schoolchildren, from six months through 5 years old.

December 31, 2012, was the deadline was the deadline to get the flu shot.

The state allows for religious and medical exemptions but according to the state Department of Health the child's primary care provider would have to determine if the child is likely to have a severe reaction to the egg in the flu vaccine.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/01/08/new-jersey-boy-not-allowed-back-to-school-without-flu-shot/#ixzz2HTqrXWxj

littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:30 AM

the flu shot is a personal decision(one that I make for myself due to a chronic illness and I get it for my dd) but please remember it can be serious and can kill, even healthy people.  I do not believe ANYONE should ever try to discourage others from getting the vaccine.  That irritates me.  I certainly do not go around telling everyone they should get it.

AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Viruses have different strains (DUH!).. and as with everything else, vaccines don't protect AGAINST 100% they lessen the affect if you happen to get the illness. Common sense should tell you this.

I volunteer to save lives; What do you do?

T-HoneyLuv
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:32 AM
We all get the flu shot and have never gotten the flu. * knock on wood * There are more than one strain and some years the coverage is better than others. It doesnt mean it doesnt work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:32 AM

I had the flu a few weeks ago. I hated it!!!

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this
You have no understanding of the flu or vaccines.

Vaccines don't 100% defend against what they are for... There is still a chance of getting whatever it's for. It's meant to reduce how bad the illness would be as well.

There are different strains of the flu... They predict which ones will be worst and make vaccines for it ahead of time. That being said, if someone gets another strain then the vax they got wont be of any help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vtmom26
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Flu shot works just fine. Lessens the severity at the very least. The reason the flu is epidemic is because only 30 percent of the pop has had the shot. Takes two weeks to be effective.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:33 AM

oh, i have a GREAT understanding of the flu, and how pharma works to promote useless meds

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

You have no understanding of the flu or vaccines.

Vaccines don't 100% defend against what they are for... There is still a chance of getting whatever it's for. It's meant to reduce how bad the illness would be as well.

There are different strains of the flu... They predict which ones will be worst and make vaccines for it ahead of time. That being said, if someone gets another strain then the vax they got wont be of any help.

krystyneh
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:34 AM
The flu shot only contains the flu that they think would be like an epidemic type. They do research to find out what flu the south got because it arrives in the south first (as in South America) and we base it upon what flu they had the most. There are thousands if not more types of flu out there. And how I know this is because I'm in nursing school and one of my professors is a nurse that used to do the research and help figure out which flu the vaccine should be for.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:35 AM
The only time I've ever gotten the flu in my adult life (I had it once as a kid too), was the year I got the flu shot. I had to get it for school and will have to get it again when I start paramedic, but never again will I get it willingly lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)