Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Woman Ordered to Stop Having Kids or Faces Jail...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

A Florida woman was ordered by a judge to stop having kids. Is this ruling legal? Tonight on The O’Reilly Factor, legal experts Lis Wiehl and Kimberly Guilfoyle ran through the facts of the case.

The woman, Kimberly Lightsey, has four young children, including a child who has cerebral palsy. On Halloween night, she felt the need to leave her children unsupervised at a hotel while she went out and partied. One of the children was reportedly upside-down strapped to a stroller. Fortunately, a passerby spotted them and called the cops.

Lightsey was charged with four counts of child abuse. She accepted a plea deal in which she agreed to plead guilty to two counts of child abuse, received 13 years probation and can’t have unsupervised visits with children. Not only did she lose her four kids, the judge ruled she can’t have children until the probation period ends.

If she has a child anyway, she’ll be sent to jail for five years. Now the ACLU is considering the case and the lawyer wants to appeal. Guilfoyle and Wiehl agreed that the judge’s ruling will hold up for one reason. Find out why in the segment below:

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/01/08/woman-ordered-to-stop-having-kids-or-faces-jail-is-the-judges-ruling-legal/

Because partying after you have kids is the most imporant thing in the world, right?  Some people can be so stupid.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:55 AM
People like that need to be sterilized and don't deserve to have children. smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:57 AM
seriously. she deserves it.

but now I feel like a hypocrite because I'm prochoice. because i don't feel like anyone should have a right to tell you what to do with your body. but I also feel like someone needs to stand up for those children. so idk I'm torn lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I wish more people were ordered to not have kids. It might cut down on the population, government aid, and people who abuse and neglect children. 

Honestly. You have to apply for a license to cut hair, but any fuckwad can reproduce. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Lol.  I'm prochoice when it comes to abortions. They're just making her wait a few years, probably in hopes that she'd mature mentally.  Doubt she will though.

Quoting Anonymous:

but now I feel like a hypocrite because I'm prochoice. because i don't feel like anyone should have a right to tell you what to do with your body. but I also feel like someone needs to stand up for those children. so idk I'm torn lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Ditto.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:01 AM
four kids later, her changing is pretty doubtful unfortunately.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol.  I'm prochoice when it comes to abortions. They're just making her wait a few years, probably in hopes that she'd mature mentally.  Doubt she will though.

Quoting Anonymous:

babyk2238
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:01 AM

If she is already hurting the children she has then she shouldnt be able to have more!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:02 AM

I agree.

Quoting Anonymous:

four kids later, her changing is pretty doubtful unfortunately.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Jalestra
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish more people were ordered to not have kids. It might cut down on the population, government aid, and people who abuse and neglect children. 

Honestly. You have to apply for a license to cut hair, but any fuckwad can reproduce. 

The only problem with that is you punish the innocent with the guilty. I mean, the only licensing I know of that isn't corrupt is for driving and have you been to the DMV lately? Biggest PITA ever. And how long before there are restrictions on it? Genetics can be checked now. What if your family has a history of disabled children? What if someone decides that that's a disservice to the child so you can't reproduce?

I understand what you mean, but at the same time..is that the world I want to live in?

frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed! I can't stand people like this!

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured