Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

pro-choicers....

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM
  • 27 Replies

I have  a question, not meaning to offend or bash, just trying to understand all viewpoints. 

There is a huge problem all over asia with gender imbalance bacuse of what has been dubbed as "gendercide" because of gender selection abortions.

Where do you stand regarding the 136 million baby girls who have been aborted in Asia because they are female? Is that okay because its the family's choice? 

That is a tiny bit  less the amount of women in the USA. 

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I'm not for abortion that late in a pregnancy. You're beyond it just being "a clump of cells" by the time you can find out the sex, so I don't believe in that unless out of medical necessity.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I am pro-choice.  I believe taking away a woman's right to bear any number of children she chooses is what has led to the "gendercide" in China.  Choice is not just about abortion

potgieter
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:31 AM

do you think it would be okay for pro-choicers if a law was set in place that made it hard to have an abortion that late in pregnancy or would that violate a womans right to choose? Do you think there is a different way to deal with it?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not for abortion that late in a pregnancy. You're beyond it just being "a clump of cells" by the time you can find out the sex, so I don't believe in that unless out of medical necessity.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I am incredibly prochoice, but this upsets me, not so much the actual abortions, but the culture that values men over women.  THAT is what bothers me so much.

Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I honestly don't care. It will only help to decrease world population over time since they will die out without females.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:34 AM

It doesn't bother me. I don't think it's right to have abortions that late in the pregnancy but it's not like I lose sleep over it... 

Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Oh I will say that I still think its fucked up to abort just because its a girl. But what I think doesn't matter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:36 AM
so you dont mind the late abortions, only a few not even 4 the baby with lots of help but could survive outside the womb

Quoting Not_A_Native:

I am incredibly prochoice, but this upsets me, not so much the actual abortions, but the culture that values men over women.  THAT is what bothers me so much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:37 AM
With all these DUMBASS replies I bet they all are happy they are not Asian
potgieter
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I agree that that is what started it but asian includes more than just China, also, the law has been lifted for many years and its still a problem. 

Also, India is quickly reaching China's numbers in abortions of girls and they never had such laws. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am pro-choice.  I believe taking away a woman's right to bear any number of children she chooses is what has led to the "gendercide" in China.  Choice is not just about abortion

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN