Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Feeling like the worst parent in the world =(

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:36 AM
  • 12 Replies

Today is the first day my kids (3 and 1) were dropped off at their new babysitter. As I was leaving they were both hysterical and my 3 year old was begging me to take her with me =(  when I got in my car I cried too...ughhh I wish I didnt have to work.

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:39 AM
It will get better with time hang in there.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I bet they are playing nicely now:)

I know how you feel though. I have totally been there!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HetherElizabeth
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Awe I'm sorry :(
Reepicheep.CSL
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM
:( they will be okay!
romalove
by SakePrincess on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:49 AM

You're a good parent.  You are doing what you need to for your family.  Your children are attached and love you and know you love them.  They are being taken care of.

When my middle daughter went to preschool, she would be hysterical and I would be upset.  The teacher said to me, disappear from the front door and take a peek through the second door once you leave.

Sure enough, within thirty seconds of my being gone, she was laughing and playing with another child.  The hysteria was for my benefit.

She was fine.

Your children are too.

mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Aaww I totally understand how you feel; I went through the same thing when my kids were younger. I still remember getting to work in tears. Hang in there mama it will get better. Make sure to reassure them that you will pick them up later. Say goodbye with a hug and a kiss and hold it in until you walk out so they don't see you cry. Stay strong mama <3
mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Aaww I totally understand how you feel; I went through the same thing when my kids were younger. I still remember getting to work in tears. Hang in there mama it will get better. Make sure to reassure them that you will pick them up later. Say goodbye with a hug and a kiss and hold it in until you walk out so they don't see you cry. Stay strong mama <3
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
this happens a lot...I do inhome daycare and kids are usually fine once mom leaves :)

Quoting romalove:

You're a good parent.  You are doing what you need to for your family.  Your children are attached and love you and know you love them.  They are being taken care of.

When my middle daughter went to preschool, she would be hysterical and I would be upset.  The teacher said to me, disappear from the front door and take a peek through the second door once you leave.

Sure enough, within thirty seconds of my being gone, she was laughing and playing with another child.  The hysteria was for my benefit.

She was fine.

Your children are too.

mama_911
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM
The rational side of me knows they will be ok, but the emotional mommy side of me is heartbroken! Im going to call the babysitter in a little while just to make sure they calmed down. She told me as I was leaving that there would be 2 more kids arriving soon, hopefully they are making new friends and playing nicely :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_911
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Thank you. That makes me feel a lot better!I cant wait to pick them up and squeeze them!

Quoting Anonymous:

this happens a lot...I do inhome daycare and kids are usually fine once mom leaves :)

Quoting romalove:

She was fine.

Your children are too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN