Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

woman shoots intruder 5 times in the face

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
http://www2.nbc26.tv/news/2013/jan/04/georgia-woman-hiding-her-children-shoots-intruder-ar-5294262/

Man ( who had criminal record) broke into a house with a woman and her children inside. She shot the man 5 times in the face and neck. He managed to to escape but collpased later. He is unable to breathe on his own.

No charges are expected to be filed aganist the woman.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Replies (121-130):
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I know. How dare she protect herself and her children from a man that had forcible broken into her home while she and her young kids were home. When he busted into the room they had locked themselves in to attempt to stay out of his way, and advanced on them with a crowbar, she should have just tried blowing on a rape whistle.  That totally would have stopped this known violent offender from blugeoning her and her kids to death.

Quoting crazymammy25:

No charges against her? Imo that's a wrong'un...there's plenty of other ways to protect yourself. I don't own a single gun yet feel completely safe in my home......why? Because I have other means of protection other than something that's going to kill someone. That woman is a MURDERER and should be tretaed as such, she had every intentio of killing that intruder or he'd have got sht in the arm'leg etc not the face.

So glad I live in a country where guns are illegal and the nationals are actually ok with it!!

indyb
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I would if someone broke into my house knowing I was home I would not wait to find out if they were armed I would shoot because you can be damn sure he wasn't there to give her a hug and leave!

Quoting crazymammy25:

And you have the right to feel this way, more power to you but can I ask would you pull a gun and shoot regardless if you knew they were armed?

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Thank god I live in a country where I have the right to use deadly force to protect my own life.

God. Bless the USA!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM

No no no according to crazymom she should have used a sword and just went for non vital organs to stop him,  I mean surely he would have stood still and let her do that without fighting back!

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

I know. How dare she protect herself and her children from a man that had forcible broken into her home while she and her young kids were home. When he busted into the room they had locked themselves in to attempt to stay out of his way, and advanced on them with a crowbar, she should have just tried blowing on a rape whistle.  That totally would have stopped this known violent offender from blugeoning her and her kids to death.

Quoting crazymammy25:

No charges against her? Imo that's a wrong'un...there's plenty of other ways to protect yourself. I don't own a single gun yet feel completely safe in my home......why? Because I have other means of protection other than something that's going to kill someone. That woman is a MURDERER and should be tretaed as such, she had every intentio of killing that intruder or he'd have got sht in the arm'leg etc not the face.

So glad I live in a country where guns are illegal and the nationals are actually ok with it!!

LadyF86
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM

well good thing you do not live in America. Almost everyone has a gun in their home. I would of done the same thing to protect my child. And of course he begged her to stop, he was being shot. Do you think if she begged him to get out and she did not have a gun, he would of just left?? Who knows what could of happened to her and her child. They could both be dead right now and he could be walking around doing the same thing to other homes.

Quoting crazymammy25:

Quoting Anonymous:

1. He's not dead. 2. This man broke into her home and she didn't know if he was going to do harm to her or her children. 3. He had the balls to beg her to stop shooting him.  Fuck him, he broke into HER home and she has the right to protect them.

Exactly! She didn't know what he was doing there, not being funny but someone breaking in to rob a joint, don't deserve to be shot mate. And he begged her to stop shooting which just proves she had every intention of killing him whether she did or not, so No she's not a murderer, I stand corrected but she is still a nasty piece of work to pull a gun and then keep on shooting imo. Like I said, plenty other ways to protect yourself without shooting someone.

I'll never understand why people think it's ok to shoot someone, in ANY situation but maybe, like I said before, it's because I come from somewhere they don't believe they have a right to own a weapon which could kill within a second.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Perhaps she should have tried tickling him. I bet that would have stopped this madness.

Quoting Anonymous:

No no no according to crazymom she should have used a sword and just went for non vital organs to stop him,  I mean surely he would have stood still and let her do that without fighting back!

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Quoting crazymammy25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Ah yes the little known tickling defense move now that is what she should have done!

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Perhaps she should have tried tickling him. I bet that would have stopped this madness.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Quoting crazymammy25:

crazymammy25
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Okay, Okay, I can see I'm going to have no luck fighting this battle so I forfeit, there you lot go, you won!

Before I go though........me (as an English person) and you (as n American) will never agree on the subject of guns simply for the fact that in England guns are not a run of the mill, every day occurrence. Not every house has a gun, no even our regular police force are armed.Yes, guns do exsist here, yes SOME criminals possess fire arms and yes people do get shot but not nearly as much as in America. 

The reasoning behind me not thinking like y'all do is because in England we don't feel the need or have the want to own a gun. I will never win this battle so I will not pursue any further but had all of you that have quoted me today lived in England rather than America, you would more than likely hold the same views on guns as I do.

areyouatroll
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Good for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HyrulianHeroine
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:41 PM

his fault

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Eh DH is English.. And currently an NRA instructor, competition shooter, and hunter. Thank goodness now I don't have to try to tickle a rapist, mugger, murder to death to protect myself and my children.

Quoting crazymammy25:

Okay, Okay, I can see I'm going to have no luck fighting this battle so I forfeit, there you lot go, you won!

Before I go though........me (as an English person) and you (as n American) will never agree on the subject of guns simply for the fact that in England guns are not a run of the mill, every day occurrence. Not every house has a gun, no even our regular police force are armed.Yes, guns do exsist here, yes SOME criminals possess fire arms and yes people do get shot but not nearly as much as in America. 

The reasoning behind me not thinking like y'all do is because in England we don't feel the need or have the want to own a gun. I will never win this battle so I will not pursue any further but had all of you that have quoted me today lived in England rather than America, you would more than likely hold the same views on guns as I do.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)