Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Husband gamer?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Okay I don't mind the occasional one or two hours a day gaming, but all day every day off?? and every night when he's home from work?? I CANNOT do it :/ I hate it i hate it! I have no fucking help with our one year old, I have no fucking help with the house work. He works 8 hours a day 5 days a week. He made me quit my job so he wouldnt have to watch our kid while I worked, which my mom watched him but made my husband help (we live with my mom). He won't be social in the house, he won't have sex with me if he has a bad match (which is often) and he gets pissed when I ask him to watch our son so I can cook/shower/clean. I don't know what to do and it makes me lash out at others when I'm mad at him and I hate being so mad all the damn time. help?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrittM1988
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:46 AM
My husband was like this, so we made an "only after bedtime" rule.. so no gaming til after 8. Has worked out great.
FAH_Q
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:46 AM

why not lash out at him instead of others?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Bash the gaming console in with a hammer? Run over it? Snap the games in half?

Seriously, I wouldn't put up with that shit. Dh plays video games but not like that. That's just crazy..i'm sorry. :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I do lash out at him, he'll get pissed and not talk to me or if i touch him to make him look at me while im trying to talk or bitch he'll push me away

sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband was like that right after our first was born. I told him if I had wanted to be a single mom, I never would have gotten married. That straightened him out. Almost 5 years later, and he's a lot better about only gaming while the kids are sleeping. And, if he decides he wants to play something in the middle of the day while they're awake, he'll ask if I mind....which, I usually don't because he's good about helping with the kids. 

ElitestJen
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Sounds like an addict....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Kick him out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:51 AM

i told him his dad told me to put a few rounds of buckshot through it and he was seethingly pissed. I went to touch his chest, ya know try to calm him down, and my fingers permanately screwed up because of it. i think hes cheating again :/ he was doing so great recently and now BAM back to how it was before :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Bash the gaming console in with a hammer? Run over it? Snap the games in half?

Seriously, I wouldn't put up with that shit. Dh plays video games but not like that. That's just crazy..i'm sorry. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:51 AM

DH has done this for 7 years.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like the game needs to go or he does one. We're not gamers, in our house, if we have time for gaming we have time for parenting. We're no longer teenagers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)