Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Predicting your child's height

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  • 13 Replies
So I found this link and it guesses how tall your child will be based in info you give them. I've heard from lots of people that when you measure your child's height at 2 and double it you will get how tall they will be. Even my pedi mentioned it at my son's check up! Lol so my son just turned two and is 37in. It says he will be roughly 6'4!! He's going to tower over his 5'4 mommy! =( lol

So based in this, how tall will your children be? Or if your children are grown, would this equation have been right for your kids? Here's the link but I'm mobile so I can't make it clicky!

http://www.babycenter.com/child-height-predictor
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aisforawesome
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM

He would be 6ft 3 in

sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I learned the "double their height at age 2" rule when I was in nursing school. According to that rule, my son will be 6'2" and my daughter will be 5'11". 

According to your link, my son will be 6'5" and my daughter will be 5'7". 

They are 4 and 2 now, so we'll see =)

bchic24
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Apparently our generation will have a bunch of tall babies!!! Lol
Kat31
by AlwaysWatching on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Bump for someone to make clicky?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM
my dd is 2 and 41 inches tall
Wifeyy2Lette
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM
He's only 14 months and already 29" lol (that was at his 12 month check up). Dh is 6'4" and I'm 5'4". Lol
bebcarroll
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Well, except that I was told that if either parent was above or below average, or if the father is over 6' it does not work. I am 6' and my husband is 5'6" and since we are both outside the mean for our gender, the predictions don't work. And all three of my children were predicted to be 5'9" by their doctor, though genetics on my side would put my son well over 6' and my daughters at least 5'9" if not more. We shall see. (especially since that claculator predicted my youngest will be 4'6")
Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM

lol. well, i dont know how exact this will be! I have done this with my kids many times. My kids grow in spurts, so it varies depending on whether or not they have had a recent spurt. 

My kids just went to the doc yesterday though, so i may as well give it a whirl. 

My daughter turned 7 in october and is currently 4'4 and 58 lbs. Right now it estimates her to be 6 feet tall! I have done this on her before, but it always varies between 5'10-6 foot. 

My son just turned 4 the end of september and he is currently 3'11 and 41 lbs. It estimates him to be 6'8! I have also done it with him before, it always gives me between 6'5-6'8. 

my kid's are going to be massive. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM

It says my son will be about 5'7 he will be like an inch taller than my fiancĂ© (hs stepdad) 

do11face
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM

It says my daughter will be 5'4.
And my son will be 5'6.
I figured he wouldn't be all that tall since I'm super short and my husband isn't all that, either.

I was wondering about this because my daughter has been at the top of the charts for height since she was born but she seems to leveling out a little now.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)