Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Wal-Mart Story

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I wanted to share a story from yesterday about how I helped a mother out. I was at Wal-Mart and was loading my groceries into the car when I heard this lady cry out, then I heard her child crying. I went over to see if everything was okay, because I could hear her crying to. Her son, 2 years old, fell out of the cart and onto the pavement. His little nose was scratched up a bit, but they were both more shaken than anything. I went back to my car and got 2 cookies and my Mocha Frappe that I'd just bought and gave her son the cookies and her the Frappe. I figured she needed it more than I did. She thanked me profusely and her little boy blew me kisses. It was really sweet. She was a first time Mom and the guilt was obvious in her face, so I shared a few of my own Mommy Mishaps.

She'd had him buckled in (she was behind me in the line), but I guess she'd unbuckled him and was gonna put him in his seat and realized the door was locked. She said she sat him back down to fish the keys out and her tried to climb out.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM

That was very sweet of you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Accidents happen. I have fallen out of buggies before and my parents have dropped phones on my head and all sorts of things. She will be fine :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM

bump

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM

oh wow, that was sweet of you :) My ds fell out of a cart at best buy he had to get his head stapled together i wish someone would have stopped to tell me it was ok. Everyone just stared !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Very sweet

you rock

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM

AW poor mama. I have to say that is something that would totaly happen to me. My dd tries to stand up in the cart if she is unbuckled but I don't know that, in that situation, I would have thought about the fact that she could probably stand up faster than I could get out my keys. Good for you for helping her out!

GeoRocks
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Awe poor thing. Awesome if you to brighten her day a bit. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cassidysmom611
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:32 AM

You are awesome!! I always feel like if my DD is crying all I get is dirty looks, I am sure that woman will never forget your kindness!! 

siennasmamma
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM

That was very nice of you. :) There should be more people out there that care and lend a helping hand when someone is in need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)