Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am done with DHs family. I don't care. I can't take them.

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 69 Replies
Well, since you don't know all the past stories, you might think I'm being harsh.

But they make me hate them.

I could write a million pages on all the selfish things they do that show they really don't care about anything but they're own feelings. They want you there on family days for their own feelings or to look good in front of others ... But not because they actually love you and care about you - if that makes sense.

So my son takes a nap every single day at 11 am since he was born. It lasts a couple to a few hours. It just depends. But he's asleep by 11 am. It doesn't change. Ever. We have our routine I stick to and that's that. It's his own little clock that determined this. He expects to be asleep cozy in bed.

So I always have told the inlaws that No! I cannot come to lunch or anywhere during that time because if my son isn't in his bed stretched out all hell breaks loose and his schedule gets all screwed and he doesn't handle it well.

Well they text me and are up in fits over Sunday for SIL bday. She is so overbearing and pushy in the first place. I let her know anything works for that day as long as its before or after DS nap.

Well she just texts me everyone is coming for her party between 11 am and 11:30 am.

Ok. F u. Lol.

I feel like cussing her out. She drives me crazy.

Yes. I'm venting

No this isn't a huge problem or the end of the world.

Maybe I'm in my 4 th month of pregnancy and have pregnancy rage. Lol. I just said ill check with her brother.

I'm not even going to say that's his nap again. F them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmendoza316
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Does she have kids?  If she doesnt maybe she just doesnt realize what the meaning of its " the babies schedule " not mine. 

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe your husband could just go.

beerebelly
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

So you are done with his family because they invited you to a bday party on Sunday? Yep. Kill them all!

mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Lol, venting feels good, doesn't it? ;)
beerebelly
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM
9 moms liked this

Oh and the world doesn't revolve around your sons 11am nap. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM
How old is your son?
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM

LOL, if it makes you feel any better you are not the first person this morning to experience some pregnancy rage.  I had it too.  You'll simmer down.

In other news, they know your schedule.  If they give you grief remind them of that.  You'll be along when the kiddo is up. 

rlk121909
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Sorry to hear that. My in laws are asses I wish they were that involved. That mean they were actually trying.

I'm sorry but I really can't get past your screen name being hyman. I'm thinking of hymen and wondering is that a last name or something? Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM
2 moms liked this

MY world does revolve around my kids naps.  3 kids under the age of 2?  you bet your ass i am not going to haul three bitchy overtired kids around just to accomodate grown adults.  my kids need their sleep and this mom needs a good day filled with well behaved kids instead of a bunch of bullshit that can be avoided with proper scheduling.

Quoting beerebelly:

Oh and the world doesn't revolve around your sons 11am nap. LOL

smushy79
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM

My IL's have been put in time out and have been cut off for a period of time due to their treatment of us. I am sure there is alot of BG to this and based on what you just wrote, I am sure many posters will think you are being harsh.

That said, to me it sounds like you need to distance yourself from them for a bit. Sometimes when you can emotionally disengage from the situation, you will feel better. I dont know their past actions so it is hard to say whether or not you should be done with them 100%. I would also have your DH handle communications with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN