Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you be upset?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
OK my boyfriend of 4 months is legally still married, he hasn't filed for divorce yet because money is tight, but plans to soon he is waiting on some settlement money. Anyways the soon to be ex has tried to commit suicide and in the hospital in serious condition
He has been up there the last two nights. He told me I have nothing to worry about he is in love with me and he doesn't want her. He is just concerned and he cares for her . It is starting to upset me a little. Am I being selfish? After she gets out of the hospital I plan on having a talk with him about making the divorce a priority, I feel like she will come between our relationship. I an acting supportive and trying to put my selfishness aside but it is so hard. How would u handle this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I think you need to walk away from this one. Even if he has no romantic feelings for his ex, he cares about her and she is evidently unstable and not taking things very well. Pushing him to do a divorce right now is just going to cause more drama between them and in return, between the two of you.

How were would I handle this? I wouldn't bother too. His ex hasnt moved on from him and that makes it hard to move on from her.
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM
2 moms liked this

You lost me at him not being able to afford to file for divorce.

MarShy740
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I would let him go. Also if she is suicidal he may not want to push for divorce so quickly she may try again because of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

LEAVE

NOW

Dont even ATTEMPT this. You will end up broken hearted. MOVE ON

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Because they're still married he's legally responsible for her well being.

ffpm10
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM
This

Quoting mommy_me:

LEAVE

NOW

Dont even ATTEMPT this. You will end up broken hearted. MOVE ON

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marysmithy
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Quoting spooky415:

i wouldnt get involved in all that crazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I would mind my own business and stay out of their marriage.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM

how long have they been separated?  

after a few years of marriage, my husband & i separated.  we both started dating other people.  both of us assured our new partners that the marriage was over & they had nothing to worry about, blah, blah, blah.  long story short -- we got back together.  because of this, i advise people to never date someone who isn't actually divorced.  you'll end up invested in a relationship that actually means nothing to the other person. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:18 PM
What state do you live in?

Quoting Anonymous:

OK my boyfriend of 4 months is legally still married, he hasn't filed for divorce yet because money is tight, but plans to soon he is waiting on some settlement money. Anyways the soon to be ex has tried to commit suicide and in the hospital in serious condition

He has been up there the last two nights. He told me I have nothing to worry about he is in love with me and he doesn't want her. He is just concerned and he cares for her . It is starting to upset me a little. Am I being selfish? After she gets out of the hospital I plan on having a talk with him about making the divorce a priority, I feel like she will come between our relationship. I an acting supportive and trying to put my selfishness aside but it is so hard. How would u handle this?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN