Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you be upset?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
OK my boyfriend of 4 months is legally still married, he hasn't filed for divorce yet because money is tight, but plans to soon he is waiting on some settlement money. Anyways the soon to be ex has tried to commit suicide and in the hospital in serious condition
He has been up there the last two nights. He told me I have nothing to worry about he is in love with me and he doesn't want her. He is just concerned and he cares for her . It is starting to upset me a little. Am I being selfish? After she gets out of the hospital I plan on having a talk with him about making the divorce a priority, I feel like she will come between our relationship. I an acting supportive and trying to put my selfishness aside but it is so hard. How would u handle this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I won't lie, if I were you I would be pissed because "supposedly" he cares for you. I don't care what anyone else has to say, but obviously it isn't over for him, or he wouldn't be at her side. Sorry, he isn't over her, and now it is obvious since he is pretty much choosing her over you. And they are still married so I would be worried this would make him go back to her. I would move on and probably never get in another relationship with a seperated man.

nelliesmommy
by prettyandpierced on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM

You need to walk away.

Lizardannie1966
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM

You've only been seeing this man for four months and you feel you have some sort of right to tell him to make his divorce a "priority?"

I think him being there to support a woman who for all intents and purposes is his current wife says a lot about the man and his character and in a very positive way.

Be careful doing these "talks" about the man's "priorities" so early on in your relationship. Whether you like it or not, his wife is still a responsibility and regardless if his plans are to divorce her.

Baybeelove88
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM
She is still his wife, you're just a girlfriend...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anitarichman
by Anita on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:17 PM

This is exactly why you need to leave him.  He still has feelings for her.  You are his rebound chick.   He'll jump right back into her bed if she asked him.  Get out now before you get hurt even more. 

Quoting Anonymous:

She cheated on them is why they are not together
They are over she hasn't talked to him in 6 months

mlmynm81
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Not only this but in a lot of places, if he is lower income, he can get a fee waver and wont have to pay hardly anything.

Quoting sampson200:

How much will it cost to file for divorce?

The filing fee for a divorce petition or complaint is approximately $100-$350 in most counties. It generally costs an additional $100-$200 to file a response to the petition. These fees are collected by the government and are in addition to any service or legal fees. The filing fees are in addition to the amount charged by LegalZoom.

He cannot afford to set aside up to $350 to file?

Really?

Ummm........

sampson200
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:34 PM

And he's been separated from her for 6 months now.....

Way too easy to set aside $50/month to file if it's the max amount.

OP, either he is horrible with money or, IMO, he is hoping she'll apologize, tell him how wrong she was to cheat on him, and to please move back home.

Any person who REALLY wants to divorce someone can save up the small amount of money to file.

I am assuming that her suicide attempt was, in one regard, a way to have him rush back to her. If they haven't spoken in 6 months, they obviously left one another rather dramatically, and this certainly had him rushing to her bedside, didn't it?

I think you're frantically looking for a way to push divorce because you are worried that, at this moment, they are apologizing and professing their love for one another and he'll be coming home and telling you it's over while also thanking you for being a support system for him for the last 16 weeks.

Quoting mlmynm81:

Not only this but in a lot of places, if he is lower income, he can get a fee waver and wont have to pay hardly anything.

Quoting sampson200:

How much will it cost to file for divorce?

The filing fee for a divorce petition or complaint is approximately $100-$350 in most counties. It generally costs an additional $100-$200 to file a response to the petition. These fees are collected by the government and are in addition to any service or legal fees. The filing fees are in addition to the amount charged by LegalZoom.

He cannot afford to set aside up to $350 to file?

Really?

Ummm........

illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Really? You are upset because your boyfriend is supporting a friend who tried to commit suicide? Sigh.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Quoting spooky415:

i wouldnt get involved in all that crazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Bet he is lying to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)