Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you be upset?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
OK my boyfriend of 4 months is legally still married, he hasn't filed for divorce yet because money is tight, but plans to soon he is waiting on some settlement money. Anyways the soon to be ex has tried to commit suicide and in the hospital in serious condition
He has been up there the last two nights. He told me I have nothing to worry about he is in love with me and he doesn't want her. He is just concerned and he cares for her . It is starting to upset me a little. Am I being selfish? After she gets out of the hospital I plan on having a talk with him about making the divorce a priority, I feel like she will come between our relationship. I an acting supportive and trying to put my selfishness aside but it is so hard. How would u handle this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Replies (81-87):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I trust him and I know he was and I also know they are not together.

Quoting roosmommy101212:

do you know for a fact that he was at the hospital with her because she tried to commit suicude? sounds like he's playing his wife & YOU TOO.

Faceless_Jane
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Well, I don't know if this is helpful, or anything like their situation but, my ex-husband and I were separated, but completely over and dating other people for awhile before we finally got our act together and were officially divorced. I attempted suicide in the middle of that as well. This was 6+ years ago. Anyway, my ex came to the hospital because he wasn't a jerk, and was really supportive, but there was no way we were going to get back together. I mean, he even visited me after I got out of the hospital to make sure I was settling back in ok and installed a showerhead for me.

But, I can tell you with complete honesty, if we had wanted to stay married, we would have just stayed married. Why would we have gone through the trouble of pretending to be separated, or dating other people? It would have been too much of a hassle. Staying married would have been way easier that an elaborate rouse of being separated. I was just depressed because I had just been laid off by my job, I was getting divorced (I didn't want to get back with my ex, but it's still a difficult transition), I was alone in a city where most of my friends had been his friends and I had no family to speak of. I was just alone and felt like I had nothing to live for. I wasn't trying to get back with my ex. 

But, the good news for you is that within a couple of months we finalized the divorce, I found my own group, a new job and while my ex and I didn't cut all ties(we still keep tabs every now and then on Facebook), we are both happily remarried with kids with our new spouses and are genuinely happy for each other. It doesn't have to be a messy divorce. Sometimes people just don't work out and they recognise it before they get bitter and jaded by it. Give it time. Maybe she does have an ulterior motive, I don't know. But, it could be that she's just having a rough time and he's a good guy trying to help out someone he cares about and considered apart of his family. 

It really should speak well to the kind of guy he is and the kind of commitment he does make when and if you guys end up saying "I do."

mcclainprincess
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Got me. I'm divorced and sometimes despise my ex, but he's told every woman he's dated that he will always be there for me if ever i needed him. I'm the mother of his child. If they have a problem with it, tough shit.

You need to get over yourself... I'm sure your boyfriend of four whole months still loves the woman he actually married and oddly enough hasn't actually filed for divorce from.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tueborvita
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM

My ex did almost the same thing. He jumped through the attic and called me to go take him to the hospital and put our kids through heck. I patted his hand, reminded him that we're divorcing and told him that as soon as his mom got there, we were leaving. She could deal with it.

He can care for her. He may be legally required to sign papers or something. But he does need to not enable the ex to think she can win him back. My ex's ploy was a 'see? I need you to take care of me come home.'

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Then maybe you should post the whole story before getting butthurt and pissed off, stupid.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not a dam homewrwrecker, she cheated on him they split up. He tried to work it out with her she didn't want to

They've been seperated 6 months and I didn't meet him until after they were seperated so stfu u don't know the whole story

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg! IKR! How freaking ironic! The OTHER woman getting butthurt over being a home wrecker! Lmfao!

Quoting ATG499:

"I feel like she will come between our relationship."

Said the woman who is in a relationship with a MARRIED MAN.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Well I actually talked to him today and told him it is starting to bother me because we are getting serious. So he is going to get a loan and file this week because he agrees with me that it is going to put a strain on our relationship.

Quoting mcclainprincess:

Got me. I'm divorced and sometimes despise my ex, but he's told every woman he's dated that he will always be there for me if ever i needed him. I'm the mother of his child. If they have a problem with it, tough shit.

You need to get over yourself... I'm sure your boyfriend of four whole months still loves the woman he actually married and oddly enough hasn't actually filed for divorce from.

mcclainprincess
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Well, good for you. Hopefully hell go through with it and you two can have your happy ending.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I actually talked to him today and told him it is starting to bother me because we are getting serious. So he is going to get a loan and file this week because he agrees with me that it is going to put a strain on our relationship.

Quoting mcclainprincess:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN