Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People who own cars just don't get it!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
4 days a week I get up early and take my son to preschool in the town below us. We get on the bus at 6:35 am and get to town at 7 and wait in a nearby grocery store until just before school starts at 8. My son goes to Head Start and every day when he gets dropped off he has to wash his hands and have a "health check" from one of the teachers before I can leave him. I am lucky enough there is a bus headed back up the hill right in front of his school at 8:05 am. Usually I am fast enough that I can get on that bus and head home, getting here at about 8:30 depending on who's driving. If I miss that bus I might as well not go home at all because the next one isn't until 10:30 and I would be getting home just in time to turn around and go back to pick him up. (Now to my vent, lol.) This morning my son was being a complete brat and didn't want to wash his hands ect. and I was trying to get him to get moving so I wouldn't miss the bus. His teacher told me to let it go that he would decide to listen when he's ready. I reminded her I take the bus and that I didn't want to miss it. She just gave me kind of a blank look and said I could just take the next one. I'm NOT going to kiss his ass just because he is having one of "those" kind of days and doesn't want to do what he knows he is supposed to be doing! She doesn't want me force him to listen, she wants me to just block him from getting to the toys and wait. She believes children should be "guided into making the right choice." If I were to put him on time out/spank him for not listening I bet she would have a freakin heart attack! Why do people not understand that I don't make my own schedule! I can't just jump up and leave whenever the hell I decide I'm ready! If I miss that bus I sit in town for 4 and half hours! Ugh!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
itsallabtthem84
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM
I would like to know too. There is a bus that risk in front of my house every single hour.

Quoting MamaDee83:

Where do you live that a bus only comes around every 4 hours? I'm not asking to be cheeky, I seriously am curious!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Master_Debater
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Same. Ours run every hour. And if it's that much of a deal, pull him out. Seriously. Plus, why doesn't he ride a bus if it's head start?

Quoting MamaDee83:

Where do you live that a bus only comes around every 4 hours? I'm not asking to be cheeky, I seriously am curious!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DolphinFan85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

get over it and do your motherly duties....deal with the bus or learn to drive and get a car

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Its costs $20 for me to take a cab home.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Can't you call a cab?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Get a car. And if your son is not listening put him in time out. Its not up to the teacher its up to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I wanted to spank him because he was being defiant and telling me he wasn't going to do what he was told.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have a car either but I still don't get it. You wanted to spank him because of a bus schedule?

Hezzy1228
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I went without a car for over 3 and a half years, i had to get up and catch the 6:55 bus because my oldest son was picked up by school bus at 6:48, take the 30 minutes to the bus station, transfer buses at 7:20 and have my son dropped off at daycare at 7:45 just in time for breakfast. then wait another 30 to 45 minutes depending on who was driving the bus cause lord knows some of them suck at it. get on that bus and go another 20 or 30 minutes to work. then i had to be quick to catch the bus at 6pm and ride it all the way to daycare, pick up BOTH children then wait for the next bus, another 30 mins then transfer at the bus station than home. we would get home at 745 sometimes later. it sucks. but i took my tax return and bought a cheap ass car, which i then turn around and sold for credit the next tax return to buy a better car. two years later i bought my grandmothers car and gave my other car to my brother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

His teacher is right.

But I don't understand why you have to be there while he washes his hands?

And what does a "health check" consist of?

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM
5 moms liked this
People saying get a car...those cost money...maybe she can't afford it.

Even I someone gives her one she has tags, insurance and gas to pay for.

Cabs cost money too.

Op..I am sorry I am not sure what I would do. Do you have anyone that could pick you up when something like that happens?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Well i wouldn't do it regularly, but if you miss the bus it is better than staying in town all day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its costs $20 for me to take a cab home.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Can't you call a cab?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)