Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

socks are not allowed!!!!! your welcome to bash........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

the LO is not allowed to have socks, he is not allowed to touch them and when he does wear them, which is only when he needs shoes he has to get them from me. the reason behind this is because he destroys them!!! he takes the socks and hides with them and then proceeds to pull the elastic out of them until there is nothing left but string of mess. taking the socks from him doesn't help, punishing him doesn't help. he knows he is not surepost to do it and yet i find the remains of his socks all over the house. so i finely took them all away from hi'm, now he has to go around bare foot and i don't care if his feet are cold. DH hates the idea but i have had enough, LO got a pack of new socks for Christmas and already he has destroyed 2 pairs!? there is nothing else i can do, our cats dont even destroy things like this... i don't think even the dog did, but a 4 year old? he is old enough to know better and yet he still does it anyways!!!!

is there anything your child/children are not allowed to have and why cant they? i dont think im the only one that doesnt allow there child to have socks.....

<<EDIT>>

he has slippers, he just wont wear them!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2ljh
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Get him some slippers. I'd take the socks too. Do you have any idea why he destroys them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
You're

That was my bashing lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I get kind of upset at my father in law when he buys them gifts. Instead of getting one good quality gift he get a slough of cheap crap and then wondered why they break 10 deck DS after the kids get them.
I understand saving money but waiting it on junk is worse.
Quality over quantity
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM
ha, I'll hand him socks. As long as he isn't chewing on something dangerous (he's not even a year old yet).
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM

he has slippers but doesnt wear them much, we dont have a clue as to why he does this. its not a new thing but we were really hopeing he would out grow it. we have asked him why he destroys the socks and he just says that HE DOES and thats about it. i dont know what to think anymore, i mean he only does it to HIS socks......

Quoting mom2ljh:

Get him some slippers. I'd take the socks too. Do you have any idea why he destroys them?

mommadana
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I'm wondering the same thing.  There's usually a reason that he has destructive behavior.  You might find another outlet, like art or a sport (yes they have things for 4 year olds.  :) )Good luck.

Quoting mom2ljh:

Dana    
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

gotta do whatcha gotta do. 

amandae21
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I hate socks. I don't even wear them with sneakers. Only when I wear my sexy mama boots... and that's just because I don't like the way they feel against my ankles and calf.

ihave1
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

My dd never wants to wear shoes or socks, but that doesnt mean I wont let her touch them.  You are a control freak.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

seriously?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured