Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Ok so I posted earlier about illegals and the new law in Illinois that was passed to give them a right to have a license. People did not understand what I was trying to say, so I'm trying again :). With that said, I had earlier read a post about the same topic, and it surprised me to see how many woman are so ignorant and racist. Woman complaining about how all of the illegals should be deported, and how the illegals should not be able to have a license. My issue is, illegals really aren't an issue here. They come to have a better life, because life here is painted so beautiful for them, people come with high expectations because they think there is work, money and everything their own country doesn't offer. Illegals work the jobs that nobody wants, for the very min. Wage, they work 2 or more jobs to help feed the families they much of the time leave behind. A lot of times kids are brought at a young age and have no choice. So why not give certain people the chance to make it easier for them to live? I do agree some people should be deported, some people truly have no right to be here, but not only illegals are bad. How often do you hear of an illegal going a killing spree at movie theaters, schools, malls, or anything like that? Yes we hear of the Mexican cartels and how bad it's getting, but is that really fair to assume all illegals are like the cartels? It would be like saying ALL white people are crazy killers. Illegals should not be looked at as a burden, or anything less. They work at whatever they can find, no matter how dirty, gross or hard, so I say give them a chance to get a license, so they can keep their pay checks instead of always having to give it to the gov. There are far worst things happening with our country than Illinois allowing illegals to obtain a license.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
mrspena
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Are you aware of how much a coyote cost? Or how much the procces of obtaining a citizenship cost? Or even what the procces includes. Also just because a person is here illegaly doesn't mean they ran. And were does it say you have to be an american ctizen to have car insurance?

Quoting Anonymous:

All of them should be deported. End of story.

Come here the right way or not at all. And don't give me some BS excuse of how its so expensive blah blah blah. If they can pay a coyote to bring them across and drop them in the middle of nowhere to survive or die, they can afford to start the citizenship process. And they certainly shouldn't be rewarded with privileges or rights citizens here have, such as driver licenses.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Pretty sure my neighbor was deported since we haven't seen them in a month.
Anonymous
Pretty sure my neighbor was deported since we haven't seen them in a month.
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
My father and grandparents came here LEGALLY. They had to get jobs, learn to speak English and pay taxes, etc.... If you are here legally that's great, get a license, go to school, live without worry. If you are NOT here legally, and have false documents, or no visa, not paying taxes and are getting benefits then YES you should be deported!

Quoting yamamoma:

Quick question, why is it us "americans" seem to think were better then others? All of us came from other countries if you really stop and think about it. Just sad how people can still be so closed minded. But im sure if some of these people who live so comfortably had to live a hard life where surviving was actually hard, they'd want to make a better life for themself and there families. But when its other people who are trying to do that its frowned upon. But ignorance and racism has been around forever and probably always will be ...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
Quoting momsince04:

actually time to start making the calls to ins to start getting people deported again.time to turn in the house illegally housing loads of people, the people we know hire under the table.
TinDoll
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM

You know this is a very good point... and Im hoping someone from IL can answer this.

Are these illegal citizens also able to obtain insurance with their drivers license ?   Insurance companies are totally ok with this too ???  That is crazy...

Quoting Anonymous:

If they are illegal, how are they legally obligated to have a state license and pay car insurance? If they are'nt applying for legal citizenship and paying taxes, SS, and etc....how do they get this benefit of a drivers lisence? I'm genuinely concerned and curious? I don't want them driving anywhere near me!!! Rame their crappy ass car into mine so my insurance has to fix their car and hospital bills because they don't have insurance!!! No way. That all sucks!!! Sorry, not trying to offend anyone, just that really chaps my ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Quoting mrspena:

it's illegal in most states to drive without insurance as it should be.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM

They are here illegal but we are supposed to make things easier for them to live here?

gblossom
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Anyone who supports illegal immigrants suck. If you don't come here legally ( which means you aren't documented and don't pay taxes ) you shouldn't be here. America has enough leeches that are legal - we don't need more who aren't legal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)