Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok so I posted earlier about illegals and the new law in Illinois that was passed to give them a right to have a license. People did not understand what I was trying to say, so I'm trying again :). With that said, I had earlier read a post about the same topic, and it surprised me to see how many woman are so ignorant and racist. Woman complaining about how all of the illegals should be deported, and how the illegals should not be able to have a license. My issue is, illegals really aren't an issue here. They come to have a better life, because life here is painted so beautiful for them, people come with high expectations because they think there is work, money and everything their own country doesn't offer. Illegals work the jobs that nobody wants, for the very min. Wage, they work 2 or more jobs to help feed the families they much of the time leave behind. A lot of times kids are brought at a young age and have no choice. So why not give certain people the chance to make it easier for them to live? I do agree some people should be deported, some people truly have no right to be here, but not only illegals are bad. How often do you hear of an illegal going a killing spree at movie theaters, schools, malls, or anything like that? Yes we hear of the Mexican cartels and how bad it's getting, but is that really fair to assume all illegals are like the cartels? It would be like saying ALL white people are crazy killers. Illegals should not be looked at as a burden, or anything less. They work at whatever they can find, no matter how dirty, gross or hard, so I say give them a chance to get a license, so they can keep their pay checks instead of always having to give it to the gov. There are far worst things happening with our country than Illinois allowing illegals to obtain a license.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Quoting TinDoll:

OK, and?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I'm not the who made the post, or called anyone with a differing opinion ignorant and stupid.

You're the one with the burden of proof here. Not me.

So prove your shit or stfu and go sit down.

Quoting momsince04:

And can you prove otherwise??

Quoting Anonymous:

Please.....I'd love to see you prove how or why we're all so ignorant and stupid. Until you can with legit facts, stfu.

Quoting momsince04:

I'm so surprised to see all these comments. It's so sad, but oh well. Nothing you can do about ignorance and stupidity.

Quoting yamamoma:

omg finally someone who makes sence :) ! im telling ya, people now a days are heartless. but if they were illegal im sure there whole opnion would change.

Quoting momsince04:

Wow!! For all of you that are against Illegals, have any of you ever thought why and how you are here?

momsince04
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I worked as an insurance agent, and there are so many companies willing to insure unlicensed people. Just because you are legal doesn't make you a licensed and insured driver.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

You know this is a very good point... and Im hoping someone from IL can answer this.

Are these illegal citizens also able to obtain insurance with their drivers license ?   Insurance companies are totally ok with this too ???  That is crazy...

Quoting Anonymous:

If they are illegal, how are they legally obligated to have a state license and pay car insurance? If they are'nt applying for legal citizenship and paying taxes, SS, and etc....how do they get this benefit of a drivers lisence? I'm genuinely concerned and curious? I don't want them driving anywhere near me!!! Rame their crappy ass car into mine so my insurance has to fix their car and hospital bills because they don't have insurance!!! No way. That all sucks!!! Sorry, not trying to offend anyone, just that really chaps my ass.

momsince04
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I think a lot of posts have proved how people are ignorant. If you do not agree that's different, but the comments themselves proved everything

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not the who made the post, or called anyone with a differing opinion ignorant and stupid.

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Please.....I'd love to see you prove how or why we're all so ignorant and stupid. Until you can with legit facts, stfu.

Quoting momsince04:

I'm so surprised to see all these comments. It's so sad, but oh well. Nothing you can do about ignorance and stupidity.

Quoting yamamoma:

omg finally someone who makes sence :) ! im telling ya, people now a days are heartless. but if they were illegal im sure there whole opnion would change.

Quoting momsince04:

Wow!! For all of you that are against Illegals, have any of you ever thought why and how you are here?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
I live on the border I'm fully aware of how much things cost. And what happens when they're dropped here. I also know the immigration process, what it requires and how much it costs.

And where did I say anything about car insurance?

Quoting mrspena:

Are you aware of how much a coyote cost? Or how much the procces of obtaining a citizenship cost? Or even what the procces includes. Also just because a person is here illegaly doesn't mean they ran. And were does it say you have to be an american ctizen to have car insurance?

Quoting Anonymous:

All of them should be deported. End of story.

Come here the right way or not at all. And don't give me some BS excuse of how its so expensive blah blah blah. If they can pay a coyote to bring them across and drop them in the middle of nowhere to survive or die, they can afford to start the citizenship process. And they certainly shouldn't be rewarded with privileges or rights citizens here have, such as driver licenses.

mrspena
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I am fully aware that it is illegal to drive without insurance. My question was where does it say you have to be a citizen to get it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mrspena:

it's illegal in most states to drive without insurance as it should be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Quit deflecting. Can you prove your shit or not?

Quoting momsince04:

I think a lot of posts have proved how people are ignorant. If you do not agree that's different, but the comments themselves proved everything

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momsince04:

Quoting yamamoma:

Quoting momsince04:

Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Ok, so yes they can obtain a dl and legal insurance as a illegal citizen ?

Im just trying to understand your reply.. thanks in advance for clarification

Quoting momsince04:

I worked as an insurance agent, and there are so many companies willing to insure unlicensed people. Just because you are legal doesn't make you a licensed and insured driver.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

You know this is a very good point... and Im hoping someone from IL can answer this.

Are these illegal citizens also able to obtain insurance with their drivers license ?   Insurance companies are totally ok with this too ???  That is crazy...

Quoting Anonymous:

If they are illegal, how are they legally obligated to have a state license and pay car insurance? If they are'nt applying for legal citizenship and paying taxes, SS, and etc....how do they get this benefit of a drivers lisence? I'm genuinely concerned and curious? I don't want them driving anywhere near me!!! Rame their crappy ass car into mine so my insurance has to fix their car and hospital bills because they don't have insurance!!! No way. That all sucks!!! Sorry, not trying to offend anyone, just that really chaps my ass.

Alicia_1973
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I think all illegals should be sent back home. I understand they have reasons an expectations about their lives here but you can't welcome somebody who breaks the law to get here.. That's a very bad start to begin with.
Laws are made to be respected, if you let "certain" people stay here even though they broke the law, where do we draw the line?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM
We can all thank Obama and Holder for that.

Quoting TinDoll:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured