Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My high school love just got out of prison after 15yrs! Updated

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My high school/college freshman love, went to jail for a crime 15 yrs ago I stopped communicating with him after he was there for two yrs.  H never forgot about me he recently found me through all things..FB and has said he never stopped loving me and wants to be back together.  I was so crazy in love with this boy then who is now a 30+ yr old man and he felt the same about me. I now am  now seperated  with two children and all the memories of us are flooding back.  I know this is crazy but I want to have some kind of relationship with him just kind of scared and am certainly in a different place then I was then. What should I do!!! SO confused !!! Help!!!

He went to prison for armed robbery he would have ben released after 4 yrs but he had a few fights in prison trying to defend himself and so he had to serve his  full 15yrs. It was his first offense and yes he has been through alot, he was never  violent toward me and I am not saying I want  THAT kind of relationship with him, I just feel I shouldnt abandon him, everyone deserves a second chance ...right, and he didnt kill anyone. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Replies (31-40):
eoewan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow...you loved a guy when you were a child...and you want a relationship with him? You actually are trying to recapture what you felt as a child? Really? With your kids exposed to a criminal? Seriously? Are you hoping for a love ever after? Am I understanding this right? Wow...just wow. SMH

leahsmom0201
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:42 PM
depending on what he did I would agree with this!

Quoting Anonymous:

Tell him to call you in a year. He will need to adjust and learn to live in society again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
prison has most definitely changed him. I highly doubt he is at all like the person you remember him as being. i would take things extremely slow, like just friendship for at least a year and would not bring him around my kids at all until after that frindship point, if i felt like continuing the relatuonship. good luck ma
jynkx
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM

dont let your immature high school fantasies make you make a bad decision for your kids and yourself.  you need to let this go and let it remain good memories in your heart and mind.  the REALITY is that he isnt the same person he was, and neither are you.  dont you feel like you and your children deserve someone stable and upstanding to be in your lives?  at the end of the day it is your choice and you are going to do what you want, but i see you dealing with things you arent going to like if you choose to go the route that involves a relationship with him.  good luck in whatever you decide to do.

themissheather
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
This all sounds like a good way to lose custody to your stbx.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Is this for real? What did he do? 15 years....must've been something pretty bad.

angevil53
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I must be truly stuck up but im completely disgusted by the idea of having a felon around my children as a father figure eventually. I'm not saying they can't change. My fil is a felon from when he was a teen but i would never get in a relationship with someone like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Im not gonna say dont give him a chance. My brother was a dumb teen. Hung out with the wrong crowd and strung out on drugs. He got into it with a guy and the guy took out a knife. My brother ended up getting the knife from him and stabbed him 3 times. My brother was at that guys house (hanging with his other friend that lived there) so my brother got in trouble. They said it was attempted murder so he got 15 yrs also. Hes been in there 7 years now. I know he's changed A lot and I cant wait for him to get out. And I woukd hate for someone not to give him a chance cause he made stupid mistakes as a teen.
annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Why haven't you answered what he did?

Of course he is stuck on you. Sounds like you were the last girl he was with, and you continued to talk to him for a couple years after he got locked up. So, he had another 13 years to sit there and fantasias about you.

You are seperated, and have children. You are going to need someone that is going to be capable to taking care of you and your kids...at least partially. What kind of good paying job is he going to be able to get? And to top that off what kind of mental problems is he going to have trying to readjust here on the outside after 15 years away? Please, for the love of all things holy, think about this the right way...and think about your kids.
jynkx
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

absolutely!  any man worthy of the title "daddy" is going to flip out and take the kids away from that with a hot quickness.

Quoting themissheather:

This all sounds like a good way to lose custody to your stbx.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)