Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My high school love just got out of prison after 15yrs! Updated

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My high school/college freshman love, went to jail for a crime 15 yrs ago I stopped communicating with him after he was there for two yrs.  H never forgot about me he recently found me through all things..FB and has said he never stopped loving me and wants to be back together.  I was so crazy in love with this boy then who is now a 30+ yr old man and he felt the same about me. I now am  now seperated  with two children and all the memories of us are flooding back.  I know this is crazy but I want to have some kind of relationship with him just kind of scared and am certainly in a different place then I was then. What should I do!!! SO confused !!! Help!!!

He went to prison for armed robbery he would have ben released after 4 yrs but he had a few fights in prison trying to defend himself and so he had to serve his  full 15yrs. It was his first offense and yes he has been through alot, he was never  violent toward me and I am not saying I want  THAT kind of relationship with him, I just feel I shouldnt abandon him, everyone deserves a second chance ...right, and he didnt kill anyone. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Replies (91-98):
Syphon
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Really?  Are you that desperate for a guy?  What kind of future can you possibly build with an ex-con?  And as for him...sounds like his brain just stood still while he was in prison so he glorified a relationship he had before he went to prison. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM

IMO he is a violent person, you have kids and you sound desperate...not a good combo.

LCG83
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:22 AM
It's not even worth the risk. You have children to think about. Cut ties and move on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:25 AM
No, not everyone deserves a second chance, especially when your talking about involving your children with a violent criminal. And yes they will be affected if your involved with him in any way. Sheesh! How desperate are you?! Can you not find a non violent ex-con to get your groove on with, and keep your kids out of danger. Or maybe since your only separated you could not date for a while, work on yourself and focus on your kids. Maybe you'll make better choices in the men you date and expose your kids to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:30 AM
I would take things slow for sure. Just be friends and see where things go. He might not adjust well getting back into society and that wouldn't be goodfor your kids.
TRIST3
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM

First off I started reading the replies and it seems almost everyones answer was very CLOSE MINDED in my opinion or every one is perfect and has never made a mistake. He stole, and I'm sure everyone has stolen at least once in there life....at least he is not a rapist, murderer or drug dealer (..but then he would have served less time). No one knows the circumstances that pushed him to do what he did. Life is hard amd some people aren't as strong as others. 

Also you could meet someone with no record that is a child molester. You never know until you give it a shot. 

I think you should follow your heart and give it a shot if thats what you want. I don't think it makes you less of a person or mother in anyway. I'm sure that your main priorities are your children and would never do anything to hurt them. Whatever you decide, I wish you all the luck and if you ever want to talk please feel free to message me. 

TRIST3
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:50 PM

No wonder this person posted anonymous. Really??? You ask if she is that desperate for a guy. That isn't nice at all. She is looking for advise not to be critisized. 

Quoting Syphon:

Really?  Are you that desperate for a guy?  What kind of future can you possibly build with an ex-con?  And as for him...sounds like his brain just stood still while he was in prison so he glorified a relationship he had before he went to prison. 

Syphon
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Truth hurts.   My advise would be to aim higher (for her childrens sake if not for her own)

Quoting TRIST3:

No wonder this person posted anonymous. Really??? You ask if she is that desperate for a guy. That isn't nice at all. She is looking for advise not to be critisized. 

Quoting Syphon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured