Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What safety precautions do you take

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies
What safety precautions do you take when you are home alone?
My husband has to be gone for long bits of time for work so I'm curious to see what other people do when you're home alone with your children.
I notice I'm not as weary of things when I know my husband is home. But when I am home alone every little sound scares the crap out of me!
Some people tell me it's safer to keep a front porch light on at night. I always make sure my gun is loaded at night. All doors and windows are locked. And the only people who know when he is gone are the people he works with and my friends.
So, do you do anything differently when your husband is gone?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Lock the door...that's about it.
missamanda86
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM

My husband is about to be gone for a year, so Im not sure what Im going to do. We live in an apartment, so Im sure that doors will be kept locked at all times, and I refuse to go shopping or anything without someone with me. 

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM

None

We don't lock our doors ever.  Leave keys in the ignition of our cars.  Own no guns.  In summer windows open all night long. 

FL2AK
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I lock the door.  I lived alone before I was married so it isn't a big deal to me.

luvmymonkeys27
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM

My husband works on our farm, so he's usually about the place. But if he's going to be out late at night off the farm, I lock the doors and keep some lights on (only because I'm a total wuss about the dark lol).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I just make sure the doors are locked and keep the gun loaded. 

annabelle338
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Lock the doors.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Lock the door and turn on the alarm. Same as when I'm not home alone. 

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM

When I lived in OK this is how it was for me too. But I live near Seattle, so thats not happening here lol

Quoting fullxbusymom:

None

We don't lock our doors ever.  Leave keys in the ignition of our cars.  Own no guns.  In summer windows open all night long. 

Liyoness
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I lock the doors after dark. I leave my porch lights on. I sleep with my cell phone and truck keys (I'd push the alarm if there was an emergency).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)