Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kitchenaid stand mixers

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 115 Replies
1 mom liked this

Are they worth the price? I mean the actual Kitchenaid brand, not any other brand. I am looking into the specific Kitchenaid brand because some of the attachments could be REALLY helpful for me. If you have one, how sturdy is it? How often do you use it? How does it do for storage, is it easily taken down to be put away? How is it for cleaning?

If you have one and an extra attachment (not just the included)...how are they? is it worth the price? what do you have an what have you used it for? This would be a pretty pricey investment for me, I live on post in a house with a small kitchen but I feel like this would benefit me, and I can make room to put it away when not in use (or just leave it out if I use it enough).

I have had other mixers, I have a "stand mixer" and also a hand mixer, but I am wanting this specific brand because of the potential of all the attachments...it seems like there's a million of them. Any reviews, good or bad are welcome!!! or just keep it bumped so maybe I eventually get an answer!! lol

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

YESSS.  I don't know how I lived without mine now!  I use it a few times a week (sometimes more sometimes les) and it's sturdy. 

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM

what all do you use it for? is it pretty easy to take apart to clean?

Quoting Anonymous:

YESSS.  I don't know how I lived without mine now!  I use it a few times a week (sometimes more sometimes les) and it's sturdy. 

iheartmiboys
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I wanted to know this also. I just back into baking and was thinking of purchasing one

Quentinsmamma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I love love love my kitchenaid!!! I use it all the time baking cookies and cakes, bread, homemade pizza dough, muffins, etc. the cheese slicer is awesome!! I want to get more attachments but they are pricey. I just spent $60 on the larger glass bowl with a handle. I had a really expensive Bosch mixer before and this is 10 times better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KaroGreenly
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Love mine! It makes baking so much easier. It's easy to clean, but it's pretty heavy, so it lives on my counter. It's not impossible to lift, but I could just see me dropping it on my head trying to get it in and out of the cabinet...lol

I don't have any attachments, but there are a few that I would mind having. Right now, I'm pretty set with my whisk and my dough hook. I don't NEED any other attachments, but I'd like to have them, kwim?

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I don't have one yet but my mom had hers for over 20 years. They are very well made and well worth the price.

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM

My mom gOt me one for Christmas. I love it!!

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM

the attachment to make the pizza dough, does that come with the mixer when you bought it? or is it extra? that would be a very useful tool for me.

I know everything is sooo expensive with it, it would be a pretty hefty investment but supposedly they are built for life, so I would plan on having it a LONG time. I like to think I have "done my time" with cheap kitchen tools and may be able to talk dh into getting me one...

Quoting Quentinsmamma:

I love love love my kitchenaid!!! I use it all the time baking cookies and cakes, bread, homemade pizza dough, muffins, etc. the cheese slicer is awesome!! I want to get more attachments but they are pricey. I just spent $60 on the larger glass bowl with a handle. I had a really expensive Bosch mixer before and this is 10 times better!

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Yes yes yes. I love mine. I make cookies, bread, pasta you name it! I only have the attachments that came with it and the pasta roller. I'd love the meat grinder and a few others. It will last forever if you take care of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VannaMae307
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I know what you mean...if I could do the initial investment of the mixer I could get some attachments and get rid of sooo many other little kitschy tools I have in my kitchen...it would clear so much of my cluttered space..

Quoting KaroGreenly:

Love mine! It makes baking so much easier. It's easy to clean, but it's pretty heavy, so it lives on my counter. It's not impossible to lift, but I could just see me dropping it on my head trying to get it in and out of the cabinet...lol

I don't have any attachments, but there are a few that I would mind having. Right now, I'm pretty set with my whisk and my dough hook. I don't NEED any other attachments, but I'd like to have them, kwim?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)