Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are they worth the price? I mean the actual Kitchenaid brand, not any other brand. I am looking into the specific Kitchenaid brand because some of the attachments could be REALLY helpful for me. If you have one, how sturdy is it? How often do you use it? How does it do for storage, is it easily taken down to be put away? How is it for cleaning?

If you have one and an extra attachment (not just the included)...how are they? is it worth the price? what do you have an what have you used it for? This would be a pretty pricey investment for me, I live on post in a house with a small kitchen but I feel like this would benefit me, and I can make room to put it away when not in use (or just leave it out if I use it enough).

I have had other mixers, I have a "stand mixer" and also a hand mixer, but I am wanting this specific brand because of the potential of all the attachments...it seems like there's a million of them. Any reviews, good or bad are welcome!!! or just keep it bumped so maybe I eventually get an answer!! lol

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Replies (111-115):
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I LOVE my kitchenaid. I have the food grinder(I use it to grind my own meats quite often), the pasta extruder, the pasta rollers and the grain mill

All totally worth the price for us. I use it every day(often more than once)

CDMelty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I have one, plus the pasta extruder attachment, and they are awesome. Best thing I own. Plus, making spaghetti is fun.

Samantha_McKay
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Yes.  this is the one I have 
It's 5qt size and the bowl lowers/lifts rather than the mixer portion tilting back. It took a little getting used to that, but now I hardly notice.

Quoting VannaMae307:

is the restaurant version the 600 series?

Quoting Samantha_McKay:

Don't get the icecream maker attachment, it's lame. But yes, the mixer is well worth the price. I have the restaurant version in my kitchen and I have used it daily for the last 5 years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:56 AM

They wort every peny... In your home you can try this one: http://www.home-exclusive.ro/kitchenaid---mixer-artisan-rosu_455.html, or if you are a professional mom in cooking stuff... then go professional with: http://www.home-exclusive.ro/mixer/

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:18 AM

are you talking about the kitchenaid mixer?

Its like commercial style for the home. its the best

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)