Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please help me convince my husband that.....

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 36 Replies
It is much better to go into labor naturally than to be induced. He is worried about me not being induced this time because he is afraid that he will be at work & not able to get home in time or to the hospital in time. He works night shift & is alone so he wouldn't be able to just up & leave. So all facts as to why induction is not a good idea are welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Every single person I know that's been induced has wound up having to have a c-section.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Well, I feel the same way, but I had a super short labor with my last baby and almost had her in the car. With the horrible construction now and commute time to the hospital, paired with the fact that each baby usually comes a little faster, I am terrified to go naturally next time. I may let my doctor induce me near my due date if I'm dilated to 4.5 cm for 4+ weeks again, but I'm not sure yet. Sorry, I know this doesn't help you, but I needed to talk it out. :)
o.O....
by Cara on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Why not just take him to an appt with you and have the dr explain it?

annabelle338
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this
When I was induced, it went too fast. Had to take more drugs to slow it down. Then speed it up. Baby wasnt dropped yet... That was SOOO painful when he did drop REALY fast. If I had known better I would have waited for nature.

** Not that Im against induction... just my experence.**
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
missamanda86
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM

They gave me pit with my oldest and it made things worse. I did it all naturally with my boys, and let me tell you, it was so much easier on me! As far as facts, I dont have any, just personal experience

AmberMerrell
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM
That was number 1 on my reasons to not want to be induced. I know there is a higher chance of c-section & don't want to up it on purpose! Thanks for responding!

Quoting Anonymous:

Every single person I know that's been induced has wound up having to have a c-section.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't.

kidlover2
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Because it hurts like hell and can go too fast, put the baby into respiratory distress and require an emergency C section.
annabelle338
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I didnt either.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I was induced with both of my kids, but for medical reasons. No c-sections either.

It's a much harder labor than letting your body progress naturally. It usually takes longer as well, with more risk for complications. It's always best to let nature take its course if possible, much healthier for you and the baby! :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)