Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FML!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
1 mom liked this
We can't catch a freaking break, ever! I'm so frustrated, we're good people. We don't screw people over, we raise our children right, I just don't understand it.

Dh got laid off a few months ago, he had a good paying job, but had only been there about 9 months. (He had been previously out of work for 2 years due to a work injury, he went to school & got his cdl after he recovered) So even though he recieves unemployment, it's less than half what he was making. We've both been looking for work since (dh has a record, most companies he's spoken with want at least one more year between his release and present, which I grasp, but it's been 7 years, he hasn't gotten in any trouble in more than 8. I don't have much of a work history at all & have applied everywhere in town with no results.

We are basically living hand to mouth, his ue is spent on bills long before we even see it. The last 2 checks have been late due to Christmas & New Years, dh checked his account today, it's not there. Went out to the car so he could go to the ue office (they have a direct line, instead of calling from home & being put on hold for hours or not getting through at all) he has the bi-weekly confirmation email. I don't get it.) Tbe car won't start. Our rent's due (our landlord was nice enough to let us pay half 2 weeks ago & half today, I made an agreement with the water company that I'd give them $30 today, the car needs gas before it can go anywhere significant, like idk, the grocery store? My mom i'm sure will be calling shortly to ask for the money we owe her, the dog is out of food, we've got 3 diapers left. I'm at my damn wits end here. This is just another thing that has been thrown at us that is going to keep breaking us apart. I don't know how much more we can take!!!

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Im sorry. I hope things get better for you ASAP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM
3 moms liked this
Pray mama, pray!!! (((Hugs)))
mom2hadley
by Heather on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope things get better for you soon :)
rosie211
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry you all are struggling right now, saying prayers for you and yours. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Thank you, I'm trying my best to keep a smile on my face for the kids, but I'm not going to lie, it gets harder everyday.

Quoting Jessy613:

Im sorry. I hope things get better for you ASAP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
I can understand your frustration...but you should have married someone without a record who wouldn't have a problem finding employment. If he had a record when you met him you should have thought about the consequences in trying to have a family with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM
We have been. Trust me. Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous:

Pray mama, pray!!! (((Hugs)))
FunnyKids
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM
You need to find a new home for the dog
If you cannot feed yourself you cannot feed the dog. I am sorry you are going through this. You said he has his CDL right? I heard that that is a pretty "In demand" job
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you have receiving blankets and safety pins?
xtina8817
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:56 PM
8 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

I can understand your frustration...but you should have married someone without a record who wouldn't have a problem finding employment. If he had a record when you met him you should have thought about the consequences in trying to have a family with him.

Dick move. She loves him and it sounds like he's doing his best. Yea, the record is in the way, but how is this making her feel any better, or giving her hope that it won't last forever? I know "because that's life!" Think she hasn't thought of that? Its unnecessary to kick her while she's down
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)