Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you bring your dog?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM
  • 50 Replies
We are renting a beach house on Cape Cod for a week over the summer and I am trying to decide if it is a good idea to bring our dog. She is an 85 lb. German Shepherd and the house allows pets. She is part of the family and is very well trained so we would be able to have her off leash at the beach, etc. BUT .... it is also a 8 hour drive for us with a 5 and 3 year old I am wondering if the dog in the car as well would just be too much, plus her crate will take up a big portion of our SUV and I will probably be packing a ton of crap! What do you think .... good or bad idea??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymama2D
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Bump! Not very exciting I know ... but there always seem to be lots of dog owners posting so .......
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I think it's how you feel..I personally if we go places that allows dogs our dogs always go because they are my babies too and I feel guilty leaving them behind..if they can't go and stay we have someone stay in the house with them so they are not lonely

godsgirl26
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
No i would not take my dog.
CookieMom108
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Because of the space concerns and the long car ride, I wouldn't take the dog.  And  I have a big 80lb lab so it's not that I don't love dogs but I totally get why you're not sure about bringing her along.  I just think from what you said, leaving her home this time would be best.  I would of course have someone come in to take are of the dog while you're gone.

Where in Cape Cod?

Ericha7
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM

i would take my dog :)

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Yes I would take my dog. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Yes, a month in a kennel or having to rely on someone else to care for my dog would not make me happy.

I would get a roof rack or trailer hitch rack if I needed more space. 

she_walk_softly
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Yep I would take the dog.

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Personally I would. Our kids would be heartbroken if we left the dogs behind to go on a fun vacation when dogs are allowed, and it's better than paying for a kennel or for someone to come in everyday and take care of them.

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:14 PM
As would we, the two Chihuahua's anyways.

Quoting Ericha7:

i would take my dog :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)