Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It seems to me that about 80% of the population suffer from a disability

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:10 PM
  • 187 Replies
8 moms liked this

Spin off the Disney Fast Pass people with Behavioral or Mental disabilities, they get to use the fast pass to cut the line, seems to me that if we are going to consider everything diagnosed, that means 80% of the people in the world are considered disabled.

While I do not think that being disabled is a competition, clearly there are those that are TRULY disabled and TRULY benefit from disability services, me for example, I am registered for the Disability Services at my college so that I can have interpreters.

The services extend to those with severe learning disabilities or other disabilities that may hinder their learning or graduation, but even so that is limited to what they can offer to cater to those with disabilities.

People in wheelchairs, blind, or deaf these people truly are disabled where it affects them every single day.  There is simply not ENOUGH support for these people verses those worrying about skipping lines at Atttraction parks....

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM

How are you disabled that you need an interpreter?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Lots of things affect people every day such as my dh being a type 1 diabetic. He is covered under the disability act though.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I am deaf, how can you not realize that?

Quoting Anonymous:

How are you disabled that you need an interpreter?

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM

so really my 80% could be higher if everything medically is considered a disability.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lots of things affect people every day such as my dh being a type 1 diabetic. He is covered under the disability act though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Ooh, are we going to play "my disability is worse than your disability" now?
Anonymous
1 mom liked this
Quoting thetrollcat:

I am sure you are healthier being deaf than his disabetes. You won't die from being deaf.
Anonymous

any one can be disabled if they try hard enough, i never thought that being an asshole was an disability until i met my ex. but people that are truly disabled, i think that number is probably less then that. a lot of people that are disabled are still able to so sometimes for themselves if not able to have pretty normal lives. if we were to only count the people that simple can not care for themselves, in wheel chairs or something then i know that number would be lower. but now days like i said, anyone can be if they try hard enough. hell i can be called disabled for a week each month due to horrible cramps!!!

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Well the question is what disabilities require special services for what?

The idea of the poster claiming that the fast pass should be used for those with disabilities, to help speed things along, if you think about it, if the population of those with disability is 80% or higher, that would clearly make the fast pass a slow pass LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Ooh, are we going to play "my disability is worse than your disability" now?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

You seem to think that disability is limited to those with health problems?

Wow you are pretty self absorbed to what the defintion of disability is.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

I am sure you are healthier being deaf than his disabetes. You won't die from being deaf.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

lol I think pms is a disability 

Quoting Anonymous:

any one can be disabled if they try hard enough, i never thought that being an asshole was an disability until i met my ex. but people that are truly disabled, i think that number is probably less then that. a lot of people that are disabled are still able to so sometimes for themselves if not able to have pretty normal lives. if we were to only count the people that simple can not care for themselves, in wheel chairs or something then i know that number would be lower. but now days like i said, anyone can be if they try hard enough. hell i can be called disabled for a week each month due to horrible cramps!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)