Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what would you do. ETA website added

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
This year we are getting a descent refund. At first we talked about getting me a new car. The car I have now is a six cylinder but is only running on five cylinders. I have also started looking into massage therapy school. I found a school where we live but they dont accept financial aid. The program start the middle of Feb. And I will graduate by august. As if right now we do recieve a small amount of help from PA. Me doing the massage therapy (especially if I do it from home) will help us get off it faster.

So Here is my dilemma. Would you use this years refund to pay tuition and put off getting a new (used) car or get the car this year and wait until next year to pay tuition? These ate both big decisions and I have to make sure I not only do whats best for me but for my 3 little ones. I need some outside input on this situation. Please if you dont have anything nice to stay do not comment. Tia

http://yellowstonemassage.com/services/
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Bump
cupomeow
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I would get a car first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I'd go to school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Schools that do not accept financial aid are usually not accredited. That would be a huge red flag and I wouldnt do that. I do think getting an eduacation and bettering yourself is more important than a car.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Its a private local school. They have no affiliation with the community or state college. They are working on setting everything up to be connected with fafsa and being able to recieve though. But that wont get finished until end of this year beginning of next.

They offer nothing but massage therapy like a beauty school and hair stylist and such.

Quoting Anonymous:

Schools that do not accept financial aid are usually not accredited. That would be a huge red flag and I wouldnt do that. I do think getting an eduacation and bettering yourself is more important than a car.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Decent*
College.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Okay, but are they regionally accreditated? That is what you need to ask. If not it is a waste of time and money. Those credits will never transfer, and you wont be able to further your education if you want to later

Quoting Anonymous:

Its a private local school. They have no affiliation with the community or state college. They are working on setting everything up to be connected with fafsa and being able to recieve though. But that wont get finished until end of this year beginning of next.

They offer nothing but massage therapy like a beauty school and hair stylist and such.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I will ask while we are on our tour of the school. On their website it talks aboit the how to of transfering credits and such.

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, but are they regionally accreditated? That is what you need to ask. If not it is a waste of time and money. Those credits will never transfer, and you wont be able to further your education if you want to later

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)