Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Americans are so confused.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Your health care system is one of the worst among industrialized nations. Your education ranking falls annually. Around half of your residents are living in poverty. Mental illness is demonized. Women are blamed for violent crimes. Rapists are rarely prosecuted and face consequences. Your economy is in shambles. Your unemployment rate is staggering. You are a divided nation.

Yet the issue that impassions you and gets you riled up is GUNS. Are you for real? Why cling to your guns and ignore the real problems? Can someone explain the thought process here? It's truly puzzling.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Replies (31-40):
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL okay!! Yes because other countries are all perfect and don't all have their own set of major downfalls too...Right?

SavannahV
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Its our horrible president. Though guns are our rights and having them is one thing that makes us a free country. We are still the greatest nation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM

it's puzzling to many Americans....they way they have the country set up, is for gov to create more gov jobs, and drive out the private sector altogether, so that everyone is associated with some kind of corporation , union, or gov entity, so gov gets his share too.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't, but it's hard to ignore the vicious gun control battles. Why don't the majority of citizens get equally impassioned about education? Or eradicating poverty?

Quoting autodidact:

Will thank you for painting us all with the same broad brush.  That doesn't reflect too well on you.

mary841108
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

d.o.e....LOL

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Like we don't know who this is.

Cleaning tips, baking recipes, dinner recipes, kids crafts, crafts for the bored mama and more at:

http://theimperfectstepfordwife.wordpress.com/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM
All of that is the fault of one man?

Quoting SavannahV:

Its our horrible president. Though guns are our rights and having them is one thing that makes us a free country. We are still the greatest nation.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM

You do realize that instability in Mexico is a big part of the immigration problem right?

Wall Street brought the economy to its knees.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

But yet the European economy is also collapsing.

And yes I agree and the reason is because the American people have

decided that feeling sorry for other countries and feeling sorry for people who cross our borders and it is bringing our economy and our school systems to their knee's with over crowding, people running for president who have their own personal agenda rather then the best interest of Americans.

If you haven't noticed our individual states are starting to wake up and see that it is time to start taking care of the Americans again.

Enough is Enough and there are points with you I can't argue. It does suck.

We provide AID to Mexico and other countries that we HAVE no business  even doing...

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM
3 moms liked this

want to know the best of America? We let you leave if you want :)  And maybe if we weren't giving all of our money away to other countries, we'd be doing better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM
8 moms liked this

You are so wrong about health care.  I'm American and I now live in Canada because of my husbands work.  I have a neurological disorder and I need to see a neurologist.  It will take me over 6 months just for a consultation.  In the US I can get in under a week.

Oh and if health care is so bad in the US why do all the Canadians go to the US for health care?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Because it's all we basically have left! Our government has dumbed our people to rely on them so they can take all our rights away and dictate us!

Quoting Anonymous:

Your health care system is one of the worst among industrialized nations. Your education ranking falls annually. Around half of your residents are living in poverty. Mental illness is demonized. Women are blamed for violent crimes. Rapists are rarely prosecuted and face consequences. Your economy is in shambles. Your unemployment rate is staggering. You are a divided nation.

Yet the issue that impassions you and gets you riled up is GUNS. Are you for real? Why cling to your guns and ignore the real problems? Can someone explain the thought process here? It's truly puzzling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN