Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Americans are so confused.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Your health care system is one of the worst among industrialized nations. Your education ranking falls annually. Around half of your residents are living in poverty. Mental illness is demonized. Women are blamed for violent crimes. Rapists are rarely prosecuted and face consequences. Your economy is in shambles. Your unemployment rate is staggering. You are a divided nation.

Yet the issue that impassions you and gets you riled up is GUNS. Are you for real? Why cling to your guns and ignore the real problems? Can someone explain the thought process here? It's truly puzzling.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Replies (61-70):
ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I dont think all of us are confused. i think a lot people watch to much media and believe everything tey hear on the tv or read on the internet. it's a shame really. saw the same thing with the election.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I do understand that, but why give aid to a country when they come and go as they please here?

And you can't blame wallstreet for the collapse of the economy.

Quoting autodidact:

You do realize that instability in Mexico is a big part of the immigration problem right?

Wall Street brought the economy to its knees.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

But yet the European economy is also collapsing.

And yes I agree and the reason is because the American people have

decided that feeling sorry for other countries and feeling sorry for people who cross our borders and it is bringing our economy and our school systems to their knee's with over crowding, people running for president who have their own personal agenda rather then the best interest of Americans.

If you haven't noticed our individual states are starting to wake up and see that it is time to start taking care of the Americans again.

Enough is Enough and there are points with you I can't argue. It does suck.

We provide AID to Mexico and other countries that we HAVE no business  even doing...

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

ittybit2012
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, it isn't.  I'm not an Obama fan, but it's not all his fault.  This is one of those people that probably doesn't pay attention to what the house and senate do.  It's easier to blame the president than to look and blame the people who are writing the bills that get passed through there.  

Quoting Anonymous:

All of that is the fault of one man?

Quoting SavannahV:

Its our horrible president. Though guns are our rights and having them is one thing that makes us a free country. We are still the greatest nation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM

She's not bragging. She's holding the door open for you. ;) Anyone unhappy is free to MOVE ON. There is perfection NO WHERE though.

Quoting Anonymous:

The best you have to offer is the ability to leave the country? I'm not sure that is much to brag about.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

want to know the best of America? We let you leave if you want :)  And maybe if we weren't giving all of our money away to other countries, we'd be doing better.

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Hmmm...I'm pretty sure I know who  you are thinking....I've never known her to hide behind anon with her opinions on the USA.....does she hide?

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Like we don't know who this is.

Elvis Presley Pictures, Images and Photos

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Who is it?

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Like we don't know who this is.

jesusismyfriend
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Because some us are smart and preparing for the fallout that is to come.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I'm with you, OP.  I'm disgusted with my country.   We're not all like that....

Bitterroot
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM
2 moms liked this

American is falling, just like the Roman Empire did.

(*making sound of huge building collapsing).

The right to have guns is our constitutional right.

Falling education is a problem and has been for years.  I call it the "dumbing down" of America.  It's been happening for 20 some years.

Our health care IS in shambles.

Our economy is in the crapper...still.

This once-great nation is a gonner...

sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Because all anyone cares about is themselves and their "rights". They don't get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN