Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

whats the difference between Catholics, , and other Christians?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Really I want to know. Please everyone be nice.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:45 PM

It is not called "Purgatory" in the Bible, but a holding place for the dead is referenced in the Bible.  Protestants removed 7 books from the Bible, all that had to do with Purgatory and Angels.  See www.aboutcatholic.com.

Quoting created4apurpos:

catholics believe Mary remained a virgin after Jesus was born, other Christians don't.  Catholics pray to Saints and to Mary, other Christians pray only to God.  Catholics believe you need to confess to a priest to be forgiven, other Christians know you can go directly to God for forgiveness.  Catholics believe in purgatory, a kind of holding place between death and heaven which has no biblical basis and other Christians believe Christians go directly to heaven when they die.  There are hypocrytes in EVERY belief, on the flip side there are true believers in EVERY belief.  hope this helps

harehelper
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:45 PM

One big thing is that Catholics pray to the Virgin Mary and Christians only pray to God/Jesus. Also Christians don't believe that another human being can forgive people's sins.

428pm
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:46 PM

NO, thats essentially the difference.  The catholics church are more wrong the other christians.  But really it takes either stupidity or willful ignorance to believe in either.  imho

Quoting AutymsMommy:

So you came in just to stir the pot without explaining yourself? Not very logical in itself.

Quoting 428pm:

Not really since it will just get into a big theology debate where I have to justify my opinion to someone who is unlikely to listen or change their mind anyhow.  Ive had enough of these debates to know it's pointless.  Faith overcomes logic.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Care to expand?

Quoting 428pm:

well it's not a lie.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Your not helpful.

Quoting 428pm:

Catholics are more wrong and hyporcritical than the other christians.

harehelper
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Not true. There are pretty large differences.

Quoting arielsmomma1020:

Nothing...

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM

in your opinion.

Quoting 428pm:

well it's not a lie.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Your not helpful.

Quoting 428pm:

Catholics are more wrong and hyporcritical than the other christians.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Wrong.  We do not worship Mary.  We ask for her intercession to her son Christ for help.  We only worship the triune God who is God the Father, God the Son (Christ) and God the Holy Spirit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Catholics worship Mary.  Christians don't

harehelper
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Catholics pray to the Virgin Mary and Christians pray only to God/Jesus. I think they pray to the other saints as well. Christians also don't believe that anyone except for God/Jesus can forgive their sins.

Quoting Anonymous:

But within the beliefs what are different? Like all the different saints? I don't understand all that.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

for basics....we have priests, they cannot get married, only priests can perform sacraments (no women), we do tons of sit and stand and kneel, we call it "mass" not church....we are obligated to go to church on Sundays (or Saturday night) and on Holy Days. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Catholics do not worship Mary...they honour her as the mother of Jesus.

AlekD
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Mom confessions probably isn't the best place to ask this question. I recommend forums.Catholic.com they will be able to give you some great answers to any questions you have.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
harehelper
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM

That's praying to her though, isn't it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Wrong.  We do not worship Mary.  We ask for her intercession to her son Christ for help.  We only worship the triune God who is God the Father, God the Son (Christ) and God the Holy Spirit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)