Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Herpes on her back?? (picture on page 5)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies
Update: she has a doctors appt at 3pm today with a dermatologist.

So my daughter has these weird bumps on her back. I can't figure out how to add the pictures to this without having to add it to my profiles photo album which I don't want. I'm a google whore and the herpes pics are scaring me. I know you can get them anywhere but your back?? How is that? Nobody in my house even gets coldsores. She goes to her dads for a few hours during the week and showers there before coming home. I found out recently that she uses a towel that him and his new wife uses. I don't know much about his wife seeing as she has never spoken to me so I don't know if she gets coldsores, rubs her face on the towel after showering and left it for the next person to use. I'm freaking out here. I'm calling the doctor tomorrow. Anyone have it in weird area's?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my4kids274
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Keep an eye on it and if it does not go away take her to the doctor.  It may just be an allergic reaction. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Yuck. I won't even use a towel I've used. We wash our towels after every use.

I have herpes type I (cold sore usually) on my genitals, thanks to my dh. Other than that, I did not know you could get them in other places.

snowbear74
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:06 PM

never ever use a towel someone else has used you can get all kinds of things from sharing towels. so yeah its possible she can get herpes on her back from an infected towel.(I looked it up) not to mention other things.

cold sores are one strain of herpes there are many other strains out there.take her to a Dr.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM

i doubt very much it is herpes being that you can only get herpes from direct skin to skin contact with a person who at that time has an out-break. it may be a rash, allergic reaction to a perticular soap she is useing etc.. 

*why is every little bump a person sees automatically herpes*

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I am freaking livid she was using their used towels. If she contracted something from them, I will lose it.

Quoting snowbear74:

never ever use a towel someone else has used you can get all kinds of things from sharing towels. so yeah its possible she can get herpes on her back from an infected towel.(I looked it up) not to mention other things.

cold sores are one strain of herpes there are many other strains out there.take her to a Dr.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:09 PM

why are they sharing towels any way? does he only own one towel? if so send one with her when she goes.. thats nasty

prissypoptart
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Could also be MRSA or staff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowbear74
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:11 PM

it can happen although there is a low chance but it could be something else she could have contracted from a dirty towel.a dr should be seen to make sure

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting snowbear74:

no she can not get herpes from a towel, please educate yourself better, before you tell others this wrong information

kamrynlily07
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Could they be chicken pox?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)