Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Any other SAHM's have this problem?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Since its winter time and we're stuck in the house more often... My kids get bored and they follow me around whining for snacks constantly!

I KNOW that they eat plenty and this is totally out of boredom.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Replies (31-39):
jen2150
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM

There is plenty you can indoors.  Could you budget something weekly that was inexpensive?  If you can't google things to do.  There are plenty of ideas online.  Go to the library even.  They usually have programs going on.  They also have books that have ideas of things to do at home.

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah, but it all costs money that I don't have right now. 

Quoting jen2150:

No, just because it is winter doesn't mean you just stay home all the time.  Those days we were stuck in doors there was always plenty of things to do.  

aimhawk
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM

No, I've never had this issue. DD is also in school and DS is almost a year. When she gets home from school she gets a snack, but doesn't ask for anything again unless she is asking if I am cooking or what I am cooking, then she waits.

angevil53
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Yes my 6yo does that. He has a snack schedule for that reason. He gets one between breakfast and lunchand one between lunch and dinner. If he wants something other than that he gets a banana. He hates bananas so i know he's actually hungry if he eats one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Yep. "Mama I want an apple. Mama I want a banana. Mama can I have a pickle? Mama I want some lunch. Mama I want some yogurt." OMFG CHILD STOP

shajdinyak
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Yes a milliom times. It doesnt only happen in winter. Happens everyday. We go out everyday but cant stay out all day since my youngest needs a nap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allsolittle
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Yeah, especially the boy. He walks around saying, " mom, I'm staaaahhhvvin." He is certainly not starving, lol!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zanny
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:26 AM

No... I kept my kids busy....

I made it crystal clear, they can't follow me around and whine about anything.. 

Give them a project to do... like, something helpful... like a Magic Eraser

starbuckmom03
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I think its the hazards of the trade!!

Yes, my kids do the same.  We just got done with Christmas vacation and getting back into it has been hard as my oldest whines and complains about doing school work.  We homeschool.  If he's not complaining about doing school, he's complaining about being bored.  I have to nip it in the bud.  Give us another week of doing school and he will stop complaining.

The twins have fun playing and usually play together so they rarely get bored. 

But, yes.  It seems this time of year they are constantly saying they are hungry.  They know they can have any fruit, veggie, cheese stick or gogurt w/o asking me.  Muffins too if I make them since I sneak good stuff into them!

At the beginning of last summer, I made a list of 101 things to do inside.  I don't have the website listed anymore.  I think I found it on pinterest.  I can't copy and paste here so I would share the whole list.  Great list of ideas.  I am sure if you just google you will find lots.

Here are a few web sites I hit up fairly regularly if I need help remembering things to do.

My favorite: No time for flashcards

I can teach my child

And depending on your kids ages, Toddler Toddler

Its raining today so after our parents as teacher lady leaves, we are going bowling!  We have a cheaper place to go so we aren't spending a lot of money. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Yep....same here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)