Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got a voicemail from dds school

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
Saying she has to many unexcused absences and is in violation of becoming a becoming a truennt.

The thing is she has drs notes and notes from me for every absence, early pickup, or tardy. I dont take her to the dr everytime shes not feeling well, only if needed. And I explained to the teacher about a medical problem shes having and having to have multiple drs appt. And shes going to have surgery in the next month or 2 for it and I don't know how long she will miss from that. How is this becoming my fault?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM

How much time is she missing and what exactly is wrong with her?

You should go and speak the the vice principle, typically they handle the attendance issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
They just want their money from the state so they're trying to scare u into getting your daughter to school.
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM

We get that note for 3 absenses... I wouldn't stress over it unless you are allowing her to miss frequently or you are constantly tardy... I've had my fair share of tardies! I've grown up and still dislike waking up early.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM

call the principal and explain.  provide copies of all her documentation from her doctors.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM

You should get in contact with whoever at the school handles attendence.

LADYxGHOST
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM

make sure to get a copy of teh dr notes, write a letter to the school to put in your dd file.  I had a issue liek that with my dd when she had a medical condition.  I had to meet with a asst DA regarding her turanncy and when i told her about the medical conditions and gave her a ile with the dr notes and notified her a letter regarding the condition was in her file, she left and took a look and came back and said well make sure she doesnt miss any school not related to the illness andlooked embarressed for making an ass of herself (she yelled at me about being an irresponsible parent and threatened to take the kids away)  Keep proof on hand.  Get a printout from the school on what days they ar saying she is missing.  Sometimes they forget to code an excused absence as excused.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I'd call the school.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM

wierd. I thought those would all be excused. sad is the day when illness be damned the child must be in school

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:16 PM

At our school notes from parents don't count as excused absenses,  only doctors notes so you might check your school's policy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Im not sure of the exact number of days, i havent kept track. Maybe 10 or less. She had to miss a day because she had strep, then shes had a couple days were she had stomach problems, shes had one where she was complaining of her back hurting, I kept her home and had her lay on the couch with a heating pad, she was still hurting and the next day i took her to the dr she had a bladder infection.

Her medical problem is, shes 8. For 3 years her left boob has been growing and it causes pain. Well finally i found a dr to run test. She had a day of ultrasounds, a day of xrays, a day of blood work testing that took 4 hours. Then follow ups. Her results came back that she is going through puberty. So she will have surgery to implant a medicine under the skin in her arm to stop the puberty for a few years. Its a minor surgery so i doubt she will be out long. But i cant not take her to these appt. Ive been trying to get answers for 3 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

How much time is she missing and what exactly is wrong with her?

You should go and speak the the vice principle, typically they handle the attendance issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)