Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my doctor confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

i have to go see the doctor tomorrow to get paragard......im nervous as hell....and the reason being is because its a new ob that iv never met, i get really weird about random people looking and touching there(long story) :/ idk i got used to my ob when i was pregnant and now they are setting me up with a new ob and its freaking me out

its not a drama filled confession but its a confession non the less

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM

bump

embersparkle
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I would feel the same way. Is the dr male or female ? I refuse to see male ob's. the thought of a male ob terrifies me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Quoting embersparkle:

I would feel the same way. Is the dr male or female ? I refuse to see male ob's. the thought of a male ob terrifies me.

female thankfully, the nurse asked if i wanted to do the paragard that day (when i made the appointment) i could schedule it with a male ob and i just said nope ill take the one on thursday lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:56 PM

If that's not a normal feeling to have, you would think I'm bat crazy.  The first time I ever visited an ob/gyn for a pap smear and breast exam, I couldn't stop crying the rest of the day because I was constantly thinking how embarrassed I felt and how disgusted the ob must have been having to look at everything I rarely even let my bf see lol.  I got used to it especially after becoming pregnant, but the first time was so humiliating.  

embersparkle
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Lol I'm not the only one then. When I had my last baby, I had to see a new female ob because I had moved. I was very nervous. But she was very nice and understanding. Hopefully yours will be the same way :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting embersparkle:

female thankfully, the nurse asked if i wanted to do the paragard that day (when i made the appointment) i could schedule it with a male ob and i just said nope ill take the one on thursday lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

If that's not a normal feeling to have, you would think I'm bat crazy.  The first time I ever visited an ob/gyn for a pap smear and breast exam, I couldn't stop crying the rest of the day because I was constantly thinking how embarrassed I felt and how disgusted the ob must have been having to look at everything I rarely even let my bf see lol.  I got used to it especially after becoming pregnant, but the first time was so humiliating.  

yeah my old ob never saw me bleed,like period bleed, and now this ones going to see me on my period shoving a piece of copper in my crotch, i might throw up or pass out (nurse said it happens a lot) so this should be fun

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Quoting embersparkle:

Lol I'm not the only one then. When I had my last baby, I had to see a new female ob because I had moved. I was very nervous. But she was very nice and understanding. Hopefully yours will be the same way :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting embersparkle:

i hope so lol cuz im bleeding this time and my old ob has never seen me on my period so im embarrassed and nervous all at the same time,stupid reason to be embarrassed since its a normal thing but i dont even let my df see me down there when im on my period

embersparkle
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Yeah that would have me freaked out to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting embersparkle:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting embersparkle:

i hope so lol cuz im bleeding this time and my old ob has never seen me on my period so im embarrassed and nervous all at the same time,stupid reason to be embarrassed since its a normal thing but i dont even let my df see me down there when im on my period

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Quoting embersparkle:

Yeah that would have me freaked out to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting embersparkle:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting embersparkle:

my back is hurting im so nervous lol

DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I am the same way so I understand. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)