Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She thinks she's a baby-know-it-all

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Ever since my son was born my mil and her sister have been telling me how to take care of my son and what to do when he's sick or when something is going on with him. It's mostly my mil sister, she has a 6 yr old and like 3 grandsons so she feels like shes an expert with kids and every time there is something going on with my son my mil talks about it with her sister and her sister tells her what I need to do about it. And it just gets so annoying, I have been around kids all my life and I'm good at taking care of son, I have cousins that range from 2 to 15 yr olds. So I think I have experience with kids...

One Example: when my son was born every time I would go to my mil he would cry a lot ( but he wouldn't cry at home), so my mil sis told her that it was the formula, so they went and bought some other formula and gave it to me. And wouldn't stop talking about how I needed to give it to him, so I did after 2 days of having them 2 after me about it. So what happens my son cries all night long, I go back to his formula and he's fine.

So it's little things like this, they'll diagnose my son and buy me all the stuff I need to give him, instead of just giving me a suggestion!

I typed really fast hope y'all can understand me, just wanted to vent :/
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armyvet06
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I hate when people are like that. Sounds like how my great grandmother was tonight at dinner.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kamrynlily07
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Are you a really young mom? My mil is not that involved in my parenting. If you need advice go to them, if not just don't tell them anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM
I'm 22 so you could say I'm kind of young, and my son is 17 months. If I need advice I do ask, but it gets annoying when I'm already doing something to take care of my sons needs and they come and tell me that I need to do what my mil sister did with her grand kids because it worked for her, I'm ok with them giving me suggestions but they go overboard :/

Quoting kamrynlily07:

Are you a really young mom? My mil is not that involved in my parenting. If you need advice go to them, if not just don't tell them anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Yea it gets so annoying :/

Quoting armyvet06:

I hate when people are like that. Sounds like how my great grandmother was tonight at dinner.
kamrynlily07
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Yeah...just ignore them. Sounds like you're doing fine. Everyone has an opinion!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm 22 so you could say I'm kind of young, and my son is 17 months. If I need advice I do ask, but it gets annoying when I'm already doing something to take care of my sons needs and they come and tell me that I need to do what my mil sister did with her grand kids because it worked for her, I'm ok with them giving me suggestions but they go overboard :/

Quoting kamrynlily07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea I hear them out smile and nod

Quoting kamrynlily07:

Yeah...just ignore them. Sounds like you're doing fine. Everyone has an opinion!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kamrynlily07:

Sparkey6987
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Tell them to shut their fuckin cum-catchers, and go about your day lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Lol. You made my night :)

Quoting Sparkey6987:

mrs.pina
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate people that are like that! My own mother didn't even tell me how to raise my kids, everytime someone trys to tell me , do this or do that i tell them to fuckoff and go take care of their kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparkey6987
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
;) glad I could help.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. You made my night :)

Quoting Sparkey6987:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN