Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*UPDATE* Getting my tubes tied on Friday-having 2nd thoughts :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies
*UPDATE* I was in pre op room. My husband and youngest left. And I immediately started choking back tears. I told the nurse "I just hope I'm making the right choice." She kinda talked me thru and said we won't sign anything until yore sure. And said if I need to talk to anyone I can call them. So I called my husband and he talked me thru it and I was like ok I'm good I'm gonna do it. And when the nurse said she was on hold with the dr I was like I'm gonna do it it's ok. But then I got off and I was like ok I'm gonna call my dad. And as soon as I got on the phone with him I just started bawling. I didn't even cry with y husband and no one was tellin me either way they were just talking me thru it all.

Then the dr walked in and immediately said "were not gonna do it." I was like "really? Why?" He said "I'll be honest with you, I've been worrying about this since the day we scheduled it. I can't tell you how many women even 34 come in and get it done and not even two weeks later are completely heartbroken. I just don't think it's the right time for you. You're so young. If in six months you still want to do it, we will. But you need more time. I want you to be 100% sure with no doubts."

I almost feel like my husband is mad at me or something :( he says he's not but idk...

I'm going to be 24 in February. I have two kids-a girl and a boy-4 and 14 months. We've been talking about it since my youngest was born, but more seriously in the last couple of months. I'm just wondering if all te reasons we should be done outweigh the "maybe I want more kids" feeling.

My doctor kept asking me if I'm sure and said a lot of people get divorced and come back wanting their tubes back together and blah blah blah. Well, I already know that if we were to ever get a divorce, I don't want another baby with another man. My oldest has a diff bio father and y youngest is from my husband. That would be three kids from three dads. Not cool.

The reasons we want it: we already have a boy and a girl. When the youngest is 18 we will only be in our 40s and then we can have "our" time that we never really had before. Bigger house, bigger car, more money. Third child. I was one and I was left out a lot. We wouldn't be able to have one ANY time soon so starting all over would suck. When the kids are in elementary school I could go back to school or get a small job or do what I want. Going thru a c section again would suck. Going through another pregnancy. Getting fatter. If I don't have any more I could get healthier and lose some pounds and get fit. These sound selfish I know. But also, I want our kids to have a fulfilling life and if I add another kid to the mix I know I will love him/her just as much but I'm afraid I won't be a good mom to all because of te craziness.

I know our financial state will change (it better!) but I'm worried that years down the road I will have that super urge to have a baby :(

Can anyone share their experiences? Regret it or best decision ever? How many kids do you have and how old were you when you got it done?

P.s. I'm on ParaGuard and I hate it. I don't have any other birth control options that would guarantee I won't get pregnant right now. And abstinence is not the answer lol I love my husband!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:10 AM

dont do it!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Usually when this question is asked I would say you are too young and only have 2 kids BUT the fact that you would have 3 kids with 3 different dads if you divorced sealed it for me. I had my tubes tied. Best thing I ever did.

EAzizM
by Erica on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:11 AM
If you are having doubts, don't do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Oh and I was 33 and had #4 with my second husband.

Pnukey
by Jenn on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:13 AM

If you are having second thoughts, don't do it. 

I had mine tied when I was 28. I had a 10 month old and a 6 year old, one boy, one girl. I knew I never wanted another. I do not handle pregnancy or delivery well. For me, it was a fantastic decision and in the almost 7 years since, I have had no regrets at all. I will be 46 when my younger kid turns 18 and have plans to do things I haven't been able to do. BIG PLANS!

However much I love it though, I never for a minute had any second thoughts. If you are having any, you should wait. GL.

unspecified42
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:13 AM
I thought I was done when I was 24, too. Now I'm looking forward to having more kids in the near future:)

Why not an IUD instead if you aren't 100%?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JOEJULA
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:14 AM
My periods are really bad since I had my tubes ties. They are so bad I almost needed a blood transfusion! My hormones were all over the place. If any is going to get fix make it your husband. Several of my friends had same issues.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks..I forgot to add in my post that for all this time is been planning it I've been very sure. And I felt at peace with my decision. But now, it's like on the fence. We also have big plans too bc we never had us time before our kids. Idk! Lol this sucks. Maybe it's just jitters?

Quoting Pnukey:

If you are having second thoughts, don't do it. 

I had mine tied when I was 28. I had a 10 month old and a 6 year old, one boy, one girl. I knew I never wanted another. I do not handle pregnancy or delivery well. For me, it was a fantastic decision and in the almost 7 years since, I have had no regrets at all. I will be 46 when my younger kid turns 18 and have plans to do things I haven't been able to do. BIG PLANS!

However much I love it though, I never for a minute had any second thoughts. If you are having any, you should wait. GL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured