Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do your kids still cry about a passed pet?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:24 AM
  • 5 Replies

My son cries almost daily about my cat that died, he's 7 and she was 16, I had her put to sleep while he was in school.  He knew it was coming (she was sick) but not exactly sure when.  One day she took a very bad turn for the worse, so I told him she would be going in the next day.  That was in September.

He is STILL crying about her almost daily. 

Is this healthy?  ALso, I know it's selfish, but I miss her so much I can;t stand to think about her or talk about her.  So him bringing her up every day is like torture.  I try to be understanding and let him talk about her, but crying hard every day and going on and on about her cant be normal?

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
428pm
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM

bump

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM

No, I think I cry the most of everyone for my beloved pets :( I still sometimes cry for my huskies... :(

gemikris82
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:31 AM

i had a dog die in 2001 and if i think about her i tear up.  or if i read a sad pet poem ill tear up and think of her

she_walk_softly
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:35 AM
That is sad he may need some kind of closure. Like that she is on to a better place,or that her spirit still visits or what ever you believe. If you don't have any cats,time to get one :) let him pick it from the shelter.

I still cry for my long lost pets but I have issues! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
428pm
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:38 AM

closure not much, her remains were left at the clinic.  I did give him the pictures of her out of my room and the livingroom.  I got him the ferret right after her being put to sleep.  ANd he sometimes cries about how Roxy didnt get to meet her (which is funny cuz roxy wouldve HATED the ferret)

Quoting she_walk_softly:

That is sad he may need some kind of closure. Like that she is on to a better place,or that her spirit still visits or what ever you believe. If you don't have any cats,time to get one :) let him pick it from the shelter.

I still cry for my long lost pets but I have issues! Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)