Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband made me cry...twice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

My birthday was Monday.  I woke up, took the kids to school, came home, waited for him to get up and we hung out.  As we were headed out, I said to him, on Monday, "I want a cake."  When he was headed to work for the night, after having a nice day together, but not once hearing him say, "Happy Birthday," I reminded him I was upset I didn't have a cake.  He said he thought we'd do it the next day as he had to work all night.  I was disappointed but was like, "Sure."
So Tuesday came and went.  i was out of the house for 4 hours without him, PLENTY of time for him to get a cake.  I came home, all excited that he'd surely tried to surprise me, went in the kitchen...no cake.  
So, last night I was very upset.  He never said Happy Birthday on my birthday and he never got me a cake, after saying he would.  Yes, I cried.  He asked what was wrong but I was too upset.  I just came downstairs.  
So today he wanted to...you know.  I said no.  He slumped downstairs in a bad mood and I stayed in the bedroom.  After a bit, he came back and asked what we were doing.  I said I didn't know because now he was going to be grumpy all day.  Anyhow, somehow we got to, "I don't want to because I'm sad at you and you're sad at me because I don't want to.  You're going to be a grump all day."  At that point, it all came out.  That he never said Happy Birthday.  That he was supposed to get a cake.  That despite the fact he acknowledged my day BEFORE it happened, I was hurt.  So tonight, I took our son to TKD and he went to the gym.
I KNEW after talking to him he was NOT going to jack it up again, yet honestly completely forgot about it until I needed him to get something from the store for me (which I didn't call him in time for, so I didn't get it, lol).
So he shows up with a Hershey chocolate cake (YUM!) COMPLETE with candles and a card.  In the card he wrote, "I r very sorry I hurt feelings, I no mean make you sad.  Caveman sorry he misunderstand you when you said we get cake you meant me go get cake, but seriously I am sorry.  I do love you its just sometimes with work and everything that I am going so fast that things slip up my days run together and my sentences run on time for a coma, I hope this and the dopamines the cake release will make you feel better, less mad at me and worse at video games because I am going to kick your but as nice as it is at jeopardy, xoxoxo."
(I wrote that atrocity exactly as he did; those are HIS grammatical errors and misspellings).So then I cried because I was happy and laughing at how ridiculous he was, LOL. His coworkers named him caveman a few years ago, so the beginning was a joke.  Anyhow, we hugged and kissed and made up.  I'm glad he apologized and tried to make up.  He is such an oaf but I love him, lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
areles
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:28 AM
aww
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Sad, but cute that he made up for it. Happy late birthday!
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Aww happy birthday! we share a birthday btw. my hubby slacked on a cake too but he brought me a gluten free sugar free brownie from the bakery today. it must be make up day lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:42 AM

It hurt.  I always try to make his birthday special.  We don't have a lot of money for any kind of nice gifts or anything, but I try to make him feel important on his day.  All I wanted was to feel special and loved.  Not even hearing, "Happy Birthday," was the worst.  I could have gotten over the cake, honestly.  He insists he said it, but I waited all day and all night.  It wasn't until late afternoon Tuesday that he finally said it.  I was hurt but he's an oaf.  I'm glad he tried to make up.

Quoting Anonymous:

babyboy117
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:46 AM

aww sometimes men just don't get it. Lol Glad he made it up to you though.

roardiva
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Happy birthday! Glad he fixed his mess up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:50 AM
My Dh did that to me one mothers day. We didn't have the money then so I wasn't expecting presents or anything, but he didn't even acknowledge the day. The next day I was even more upset cause our oldest 2 said they were sad they couldn't give me their presents they made me at school. A picture of my boy & my girl made me a bag fur breakfast in bed. It was cute, an apple, a breakfast bar & a juice with a flower she drew me. It made me cry because I saved every penny I could & bought him a pair of cowboy boots for our anniversary just a few days before that.
Guys definitely suck sometimes

Quoting Anonymous:

It hurt.  I always try to make his birthday special.  We don't have a lot of money for any kind of nice gifts or anything, but I try to make him feel important on his day.  All I wanted was to feel special and loved.  Not even hearing, "Happy Birthday," was the worst.  I could have gotten over the cake, honestly.  He insists he said it, but I waited all day and all night.  It wasn't until late afternoon Tuesday that he finally said it.  I was hurt but he's an oaf.  I'm glad he tried to make up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Lol cute! I like his caveman writing!
Kim042269
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I think with men, you have to be clear. I start out assuming my husband isn't going to be as thoughtful as I want him to be, and say "tomorrow is my birthday. You need to have a gift ( I tell him what gift I want)  take me out to dinner, and buy me a cake. I want (exact kind of cake)." Crystal clear. If I left it up to him, I'd probably get the same birthday you did.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Awww that was sweet. Sometimes men have to have every little detail spelled out for them lol. Happy belated bday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)