Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am Pi$$ed at the school!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

My DD (6) is a severe asthmatic and has some major health issues when it comes to her lungs...The school is suppose to notify me if DD has any chest pains while breathing..well today when DD gets home she wasn't feeling good at all(You could tell by looking at her)...she was running warm, has a migraine, said it hurt to pee and it hurt today when she was breating even after her inhaler...The school never bothered to call me!!! I am very upset and will be going down there first thing in the morning!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy5912
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:32 AM

BUMP!

beingme75
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Í would be! GL. Chew them a new one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:36 AM

They don't care - I am telling you from experience!!! My son has hallucinations so they chose to send him home while I am at work so he is alone with knives and scissors and unattended - but what am I supposed to do come home and not work and not put food on the table?

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Unless she has an attack or something, it would be hard for the school to inform you of every little thing.  

If her asthma gets too much for her to handle at school, you could look into alternative options like homeschool or public school at home for a while... until she's a little older to manage her own condition better.

I'm sorry for the wee one for not feeling well, though and I can just imagine how scary it is.   My 6 month old had either a bad flu or RSV over the holiday for two weeks... we had some REALLY scary nights...

Hope she gets better quickly!

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:38 AM

That's really scary!!!  Poor kid!   Are there any programs or help out there available?

Quoting mom2priceboys:

They don't care - I am telling you from experience!!! My son has hallucinations so they chose to send him home while I am at work so he is alone with knives and scissors and unattended - but what am I supposed to do come home and not work and not put food on the table?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:41 AM

The reason I am pissed though is because she has a 504 medical plan in place for her in school and part of her plan specifically states they are to call if she has any plain while breathing...DD said she repeatly complained to the teacher today about how much it hurt to breathe...she used her inhaler it did not help...If I could homeschool i would in a heatbeat unfortunatley I have to work...however my boss is well aware of DD's health and I can leave as needed to care for her....

DD has RSV repeatly during her first year...many hospital stays...many er visits and even almost lost her a few times when she stopped breathing on us...So I totally inderstand about those scary nights

Quoting KrissyKC:

Unless she has an attack or something, it would be hard for the school to inform you of every little thing.  

If her asthma gets too much for her to handle at school, you could look into alternative options like homeschool or public school at home for a while... until she's a little older to manage her own condition better.

I'm sorry for the wee one for not feeling well, though and I can just imagine how scary it is.   My 6 month old had either a bad flu or RSV over the holiday for two weeks... we had some REALLY scary nights...

Hope she gets better quickly!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Can you get a medical plan in place so they can't do that?

Quoting mom2priceboys:

vermontmoms
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Croup is going around. Keep an eye on your DD tonight, she could be coming down with this and the school didn't notice b/c she may have gotten worse after she saw the school nurse.

Did your DD give all those symptoms to the nurse? What time did she see the nurse? I would not jump down the nurse's throat until you knew 100% that she was fully aware that your DD was not feeling well. And that she saw your DD in the later part of the day.

Sorry your DD isn't feeling well!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:59 AM

I am not upset because of the slight fever..I am upset because she told her teacher numerous times her chest hurt when she was breathing she used her inhaler and it didn't help...I am not mad at the nurse because the teacher didn't even send her there..

I all so have a 504 medical plan in place that specially states the school is to call if she complains of any chest pains especially when breathing

Quoting vermontmoms:

Croup is going around. Keep an eye on your DD tonight, she could be coming down with this and the school didn't notice b/c she may have gotten worse after she saw the school nurse.

Did your DD give all those symptoms to the nurse? What time did she see the nurse? I would not jump down the nurse's throat until you knew 100% that she was fully aware that your DD was not feeling well. And that she saw your DD in the later part of the day.

vermontmoms
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM
My son has a 504 too, in that case you need to talk to the nurse and tell her the issue and express your concerns about the teacher not following her 504. If it happens again it is time to meet with the principal.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not upset because of the slight fever..I am upset because she told her teacher numerous times her chest hurt when she was breathing she used her inhaler and it didn't help...I am not mad at the nurse because the teacher didn't even send her there..

I all so have a 504 medical plan in place that specially states the school is to call if she complains of any chest pains especially when breathing

Quoting vermontmoms:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)