Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
My kids school went on strike December 18 and the last day of school before winter break was December 21. They JUST went back to school on Monday and now the school will be closed on Friday for them to protest.
Couldn't they have waited a bit?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beingme75
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:58 AM
That sucks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:00 AM

When my oldest was in elementary school I think fourth grade or third, anyhow the schools went on strike. I was SAHM then so really it wasnt a problem. I home schooled her during the four weeks they were on strike... You heard me FOUR WEEKS!

She was so far ahead by the time she got back that grade was a breeze and she whiz right through it. I saw it as an advantage at that time LOL

It would suck right now cuz Im in college!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Why are they striking?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Because Dalton McGuinty is a prick. He changed a bunch of public school things (I'm not exactly sure of all the details) and then announced that he was resigning.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are they striking?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:04 AM
4 weeks? Holy. Glad it worked out though :)

Quoting thetrollcat:

When my oldest was in elementary school I think fourth grade or third, anyhow the schools went on strike. I was SAHM then so really it wasnt a problem. I home schooled her during the four weeks they were on strike... You heard me FOUR WEEKS!

She was so far ahead by the time she got back that grade was a breeze and she whiz right through it. I saw it as an advantage at that time LOL

428pm
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:04 AM

toronto?

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:05 AM

What? I've never heard of a teachers strike.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Sarnia

Quoting 428pm:

toronto?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:06 AM

yea, it wasnt suppose to last that long but it did. If I remember right after two weeks they realized they were not going to settle, they did bring in some substitute teachers to run some of the classes but they had limited spots mainly for working moms and single moms first up. I had no issues keeping mine at home to save spot for those that had to go...

It was really rough a lot of pissed off parents after that two weeks.

Quoting Anonymous:

4 weeks? Holy. Glad it worked out though :)

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Are you in Ontario?

Quoting mattiehatter:

What? I've never heard of a teachers strike.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)