Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Creative People??

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:26 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Any of you ladies in here creative at all???

I am very interested in cake decorating, making tutu skirts and also makng bows for my little girls!

I  will be investing in supplies for these things soon, I am going to be googling some products and things first to see where I can get the best deals on supplies for these things first so if any of you have any suggestions please share with me!!! :)

I am also going to be getting a good camera and some props and things to start taking my childrens photos myself as well!!

I just want to be creative and do my own things instead of paying other people to d them!!

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beingme75
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Hobby lobby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:29 AM

I became a SAHM back in 1995 when I gave birth to my first lovely now moody teenager daughter.

Things I have done in my too many years sitting on my ass at home are:

tole painting

wood work and cutting

home decorating

faux painting

cake decorating

sewing

craft sewing

holiday crafts

floral design

Web design

cooking

baking

jewelry making

scrap booking

(I know there is more but you get the idea)

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:29 AM

http://www.idearibbon.com/tulle-tulle-spool.html

ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:30 AM
I love use fondant..painting.. Drawing etc. I make my sons birthday cakes every year except for one. Weve had a in the night garden two teir cake and this year we had a two tier that that top was the bat symbol and the bottom was a city sil. With batman and the joker... I also made a superman style cake but instead of am s it was a 3 and it said super cy on it... And a fondant cake with a bunch of tyedye circles etc on it for my cousin
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:32 AM

uh... I was creative once upon a time...  Wanted to be an art major, but never did..

No... instead... I have four kids that I home educate and I don't have time for adult centered creativity... everything I do now is related to construction paper and toilet paper tubes... LOL!

stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:34 AM

I started getting interested in cake decorating and make a lovely cake for Christmas covered in homemade marshmellow fondant. (if you need a recipe let me know :) ) and plan to make my both my daughters' cakes for their birthdays (one turning 5 in April and one turning a year in May) and plan to make my boyfriends birthday cake too!

I also do drawings (life like of animals and people and everything lol) and make hemp jewelry, collars etc. I also enjoy painting when I have time to get all that out. Still have to finish a fall painting lol, yes inspired by fall colors and now its the middle of winter lol. I also love taking pics when I have time, especially of the kiddos!

stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Oh and I LOVE Hobby Lobby! One of my favorite stores!

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Get on pinterest! I've gotten some good tutorials on that stuff. Tutu making is easy. Cake decorating is tricky, but once you get past your first few humps it gets easier. Bows are tricky. Too many steps with bows and I lose interest. Gabeandjesss on youtube recently posted a video of what she does for her photo sessions with her three kids HERE. Have fun!!

kymom23
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:41 AM
I crochet, knit, do nature photography, bake and quilt. I taught myself to crochet and knit with youtube videos and my mil taught me to quilt.
kymom23
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Oh and I love Hobby Lobby!! We finally got one here about a year ago and it's like my second home!! Haha!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN